Views: 416|Replies: 3

Chef of Chinese food in US glad to serve as cultural ambassador[1]- Chinadaily.c [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2016-5-2 08:36:32 |Display all floors
[Photo/CNTV]

Martin Yan is a household name in the United States. Born in China's Southern Guangdong province, he gained his fame here by teaching Americans how to cook Chinese food.

At a meeting of the 2016 National Chinese Language Conference (NCLC) on Friday, Yan said food is culture, heritage and a lifestyle, and reminds one of where he comes from and his background.

"I consider myself ...

--------Click here for more information--------

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-5-2 08:36:33 |Display all floors
I have watched Yan's shows for years. I think he is the best of the lot. He takes care all the details in cooking from A-Z in each show leaving nothing unexplained and all the while keeping the show fun and interactive with audience both on and off camera. Most important in doing all the chores fast, he still can keep everything neat and clean. Amazing!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-5-2 12:10:38 |Display all floors
I like his one-liners, "Yan can cook, so can you!' and 'Wok makes the world go round'.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.