Author: mbursian

Should China's war on air pollution take a higher priority? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2016-5-1 18:19:42 |Display all floors
wowzers Post time: 2016-5-1 04:16
Seriously? I guess pollution is one way to solve the economy. Less consumers around dependent upon ...

What I mean is that cheaper fossil fuels like coal need to be used for awhile to build productivity and employment in China. Then, later, replaced by electricity from nuclear, hydro, solar, tide and geothermal. First the rich economy; second the health (that only the rich economy can pay for).
What's on your mind...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-5-1 19:47:42 |Display all floors
This post was edited by wowzers at 2016-5-1 19:49
Ted180 Post time: 2016-5-1 18:19
What I mean is that cheaper fossil fuels like coal need to be used for awhile to build productivit ...

It's one thing to use coal it's another to allow it to be used safely. That should be a priority. What's the point if it's shortening lives? How much do we really know? How bad is it really?  And that's just the physical. It's psychological too. Even down south here in GZ, I can't remember the last time I saw a blue sky. It's depressing. Thankfully the missus will be retiring before long and we will be spending less time here. We are fortunate to be able to get out, the vast majority are stuck here.
Good Gweilo: My job is the ideological quality control

Use magic tools Report

CD top contributor in April

Post time 2016-5-2 16:18:22 |Display all floors
The government has no choice. Do it.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-5-2 18:06:36 |Display all floors
This post was edited by mbursian at 2016-5-2 18:07

The cancer is more than just a potential risk... it IS happening and happening at an alarming rate.

A significant rise in cancer is going to be an inevitable burden to a health care system that's not prepared for it:
a) more doctors will need to specialize in oncology and the various forms of cancer,
b) hospitals will need to be better equipped to treat and care for cancer patients,
c) doctors and staff need to be educated in modern treatments and pharmaceuticals.  

The public needs to be better educated in prevention or minimizing risks with exposure.

It is the government's responsibility and they need to be proactive in dealing with the population's exposure to the deadly carcinogens.  Setting future goals to reduce emissions is pointless, they need to act now... people are needlessly dying now.  The technology is there... put pride aside and ask for help from other countries if need be.  Punish the offending and noncomplying industries severely.

Yeah, death from cancer is a sensitive subject to me.  My 39 year old daughter was an example of living a clean lifestyle and good health.  She didn't smoke or drink, and she was very conscious with her diet and staying fit.  She was initially diagnosed with breast cancer in July 2014 which resulted in a radical mastectomy followed with months of aggressive chemotherapy.  Eventually she was announced as cancer free.  In late November 2015 (Thanksgiving) she fell weak and ill with difficulty in breathing.  She was rushed to the hospital.  It was discovered that her lungs filled with fluid and that the cancer came back with a vengeance and settled in her lungs.  She passed away 3 weeks later.
Kristin 20131126.JPG
Kristin 20131126.JPG
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows. — Bob Dylan

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2016-5-2 20:10:44 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-5-3 07:06:00 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2016-5-2 20:10
Oh gosh, man, so sorry to read of your loss! She looked a smasher. And she must have been intellig ...

Thanks!  I appreciate that.  She was my oldest daughter.  She built herself a successful career and business in the housing mortgage industry in Southern California.  Always bright, cheerful and positive in spite obstacles and setbacks.  She had a large network of support from her friends, family and doctors.  She was a remarkable young woman.  The chemo-therapy was terribly harsh... and she hated it, but endured.  When the cancer came back and settled in her lungs, it spread massively.  When she passed, she passed quickly, I'm thankful for that... she fought a good fight.
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows. — Bob Dylan

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.