Views: 482|Replies: 3

Good intentions of college disliked by its students [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2016-4-21 20:13:06 |Display all floors
A classroom of Jilin University of Finance and Economics.[Photo/IC]
Jilin University of Finance and Economics based in Changchun, capital of Northeast China's Jilin province, recently launched new rules to regulate the daily schedule of students including the hours students can access the internet in their dormitories. Every student was asked to sign their acceptance of the new rules. China Youth  ...

--------Click here for more information--------

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-21 20:13:07 |Display all floors
It all sounds like a bit too much to me.  If my students miss breakfast and are hungry, it is okay to eat in my classroom, as long as you do it quietly and discretely.  A hungry body may mean a mind that is not paying attention to the lesson!  As for text messages, sometimes it matters.  When a member of a team is not present, their teammates should text them to urge their attendance!  I don't find that in most of my classes that students abuse their phones during class.  As to all of the other regulations, it does sound more like a military school, but the ultimate question is, does it work?  Or is it just for show, to impress observers with imagined diligence.  A sea of smiling shining alert faces may not be paying any attention at all!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-21 21:53:17 |Display all floors
University is where you learn to be self-sufficient, not a continuation of nannying.
Is anyone surprised if graduates still don't have the self-discipline required for work if they are not allowed to learn from making mistakes as students?

as far as I am concerned, if you are on time, your phones are off ,you participate and contribute in class as part of the learning process, then I am satisfied that you are being a responsible student.
Students get out of university what they put in.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.