Author: sunnylin01

Why are copycat buidings rampant in China?   [Copy link] 中文

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2016-4-21 17:51:35 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-22 16:49:29 |Display all floors
It is indeed a little strange to see the foreign style of archetecture in an  common university which is not specialize in the foreign literature or other aspects. In rerms of this, it reminds me of the teaching buildings of my university. They are almost all imitate the foreign style. And the most strangest thing is that  they also added the Chinese archetecture style in those buildings. And I donot know how to express my feeling. Because it is indeed so strange but also very beautiful. So I believe the styles of archetecture should depend on the types of universities or schools and associate with the school's position and development directions.
Besides, talking about the creative ability of today's archetects, I think we cannot directly judge them by this only aspect. Of course, it's no doubt that this kind of small things can reflect some serious problems. If these archtects are blindly imitating the ways that other people created, it would bring bad results. In today's popular culture, innovation is a very important part of the development of our society. So we should develop our creative mind and promote our ability of creation.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2016-4-23 10:12:46 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-26 06:31:12 |Display all floors
I doubt there's more copying in China than elsewhere. The arch at the university in the first picture may be an attempt to recreate the similar arch at SUNY in NY City. Perhaps a SUNY grad pining for his old student days!
What's on your mind...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-26 19:11:18 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Bandito at 2016-4-26 15:12
msrong Post time: 2016-4-21 11:31
The popularity of 'chinoiserie' attests to European copying things "chinese' around the 18th cen ...

Chinese pavillions are in Parks.............where they belong! Yu (sic) don't see them outside of parks and China town
No, I live above Sunset Plaza, it's a little house I rent and it's a little rundown but has a beautiful view, what about you?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.