Author: sunnylin01

Chinese photographer gets insight into child marriages across the country   [Copy link] 中文

August's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2016-4-19 16:22:48 |Display all floors

16-year-old Xiao Mei with her two-year-old daughter and her one-year-old son in Wanhe village, Megla County, Yunnan province. She has been married to her husband for two years after they met at primary school

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-19 16:23:42 |Display all floors
See Robert this crap doesn't only happen in the Americas.
I am me and that is something you will never be, no matter how hard you try!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-19 16:23:47 |Display all floors

Xiao Cai plays with her husband 17-year-old Xiao Ming. They both live at home with his parents, who support them

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-19 16:24:29 |Display all floors

This love letter kept inside a physics textbook reads: 'Hi, do you have a boyfriend? Can you accept me? I like you, please accept me. Reply'

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-19 16:25:06 |Display all floors

Xiao Jie cooks dinner at a kitchen built with wood at her in-law's home in Mengla county, Yunnan province, where they live as a family

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-19 16:25:49 |Display all floors

Eighteen-year-old father Fang watches his 16-year-old wife Li breast-feeding their baby in a bedroom at home

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-19 16:26:47 |Display all floors
16-year-old Cai and her 17-year-old husband Ming met one year ago, when Ming came back the 860 miles from working in Guangdong province.
They dated for three months before getting married, but Cai dropped out of school at 5th Grade - she couldn't afford to stay.
Now the family's income relies on the newborn's grandfather, while Ming's mum is the main caretaker.
According to Muyi, the teen couple enjoy watching cartoons - young mum Cai's favourite is called 'Boonie Bears', while 17-year-old dad's favorite is 'Seven Dragon Balls'.

Xiao Cai carries her two-month-old son as she walks through a woods in Guangdong village, Mengla county, Yunnan province

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.