Views: 1646|Replies: 9

500 students sickened at school built on toxic site [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2016-4-18 08:06:38 |Display all floors
A CCTV grab shows the arm of a sick student.

The Ministry of Environmental Protection started an investigation on Sunday into what caused about 500 students at Changzhou Foreign School in Jiangsu province to come down with a range of pollution-related illnesses.
The school had relocated in September to a facility built on a toxic site.
The spate of illnesses that flared since then include leu ...

--------Click here for more information--------

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-18 08:06:39 |Display all floors
If this isn't the result of what administration corruption is, can't imagine what is then? Of course entrepreneurs' corruption are too serious to accommodate already since the toxic must have been formed or discharged by someone.

This is part of building quality education. If a nation of 1.3 billion cannot even build schools safe enough for their children, it speaks very very very little about their sense of morality and yet they want to project themselves as fighting corruption - the entire province's administration must be "opened book". If there is one, there must be more and sometimes its not toxic but unhealthy land.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-18 09:41:53 |Display all floors
If members of the environmental assessment offices are not prosecuted for negligence and possible corruption I will be very surprised. Chinese people value their children above all else. For any building work to occur on a chemically polluted site is scandalous. Furthermore the chemical factories that were there have been found to be guilty of burying hazardous waste and polluting water sources. These factory owners must be prosecuted as well. My sympathies go to these children's parents, and I hope they are successful getting millions of RMB in compensation from all those disgusting morons responsible.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-18 09:52:01 |Display all floors
This is what I called mismatched development without proper planning. This school will end up as a 'zombie' school as the cases with other 'zombie' towns.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-18 11:08:16 |Display all floors
If there are some inspects before construct the building,the  tragedy may be can avoid.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-4-18 11:08:28 |Display all floors
If there are some inspects before construct the building,the  tragedy may be can avoid.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Medal

Post time 2016-4-18 11:15:45 |Display all floors
I can't count the number of times I've been sickened at my old school's cafeteria.
If capitalism promotes innovation and creativity then why aren't scientists and artists the richest people in a capitalist nation?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.