Views: 4244|Replies: 8

What’s your impression on Chinese tourists? [Copy link] 中文

August's Best Contributor 2012

Post time 2016-3-16 15:03:01 |Display all floors
Chinese tourists are listed as the Most Unwelcome Tourists by the media home and abroad. Some uncivil behaviors of the Chinese tourists include:
1. They refuse to give tips to the tour guides and servants in the hotel.
2. They prefer to jump the queue.
3. They spend much time taking photos. It’s said that two Chinese couples have taken much time to take portraits in front of the Palais de Versailles. A group of British tourists who want to take pictures at the same location finally leave after waiting for too long.
4. They don’t mute the sound of their mobile phones when enjoying the performances.
5. They talk very loudly in public and don’t care about others.
………………..
Have you met some Chinese tourists in your country? What’s your impression on them?

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2016-3-18 18:09:45 |Display all floors
Servants in the hotel? I bet comments like this make the staff happy when you are there. They are NOT servants.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-3-19 08:41:35 |Display all floors
Met one too many even in China itself. Quite immune.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-3-19 09:10:18 |Display all floors
Hotels employ many people with different functions and specific titles... "servant" is probably not best choice of words to classify them.  Depending on the context, "servant" can be demeaning or insulting, akin to "slave"... as 'futsanglung' points out, the word "staff" is the probably the most appropriate and is definitely the most common.

Personally, I've never encountered Chinese tourists in my small and remote hometown or country... I was here in China well before foreign tourist travel for Chinese nationals became the norm.  Tourists of ANY nationality should exercise some common sense and courtesy before traveling to a foreign country; namely learn and abide by the local customs and rules of etiquette.
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows. — Bob Dylan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-3-19 14:57:42 |Display all floors
Chinese tourists are the same as Chinese in China, I cannot see how they would automatically change their behaviour when they take a holiday.

Many/most Chinese do not follow what those in the West would consider to be polite and reasonable behavior (sorry, they don't!). There is very little concept of etiquette and being considerate of others is not something that is even considered by many Chinese. This doesn't mean that Chinese are bad people, but it does mean that they will be perceived in a bad way by foreigners oversees, that they will likely receive less than a warm welcome and even if some Chinese do not behave in unpleasing ways, they will often still be tarred with the same brush, as those that went before them.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2016-3-20 07:38:07 |Display all floors
I've seen Chinese tourists arrested for unacceptable behaviour.
I saw a Chinese woman push a 4yo child out ou the way so she could pat a fish this must be Chinese manners

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2016-3-22 05:42:50 |Display all floors
Jim9 Post time: 2016-3-22 05:33
I have seen Philipinos stealing & mugging Chinese tourist and some H.K tourists got killed in the  ...

This is terrible is true but coming from you I doubt it

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.