Author: coolmax

Life and virtue, which is more important for a woman? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-9-15 10:19:30 |Display all floors

excuse me Lemontree 99

I think you meant to use the word "condemned" which means "express strong disapproval"

And furthermore the past tense of hurt is also hurt, not hurted.

I hope you don't mind this message but it is done with good intentions.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-9-15 10:37:07 |Display all floors

I agree

First, if my wife faced such a situation, my only judgement would be that it is HER CHOICE which option she chooses.

Second, personally, I would hope that my wife would choose NOT to kill herself.

If my gf/wife were raped, my ONLY FEELING would be one of great sadness for her, for what she had suffered.  And my ONLY RESPONSE would be to give her as much support and help as I possibly could.

I would have no sense that she had lost her honor.  I would have no sense that she was less worthy to me, or less attractive to me.

In my opinion, a man who would choose that his wife should kill herself is a man who cares only about himself, and his own reputation; he doesn't care about his wife.  He is not thinking about how SHE will feel; he is only thinking about how HE will feel.

And in my opinion, any woman married to a man who says such a thing should simply leave him.  He's not worth your time or energy...he's certainly not worthy of your love.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-9-15 11:00:39 |Display all floors

My point

1. i will protect myself first when i face the rape.
2. if i was fail in the self protect, then i will remember his face or make a mark in his body if he don't kill me.
3 I will indict this rapist as i can.
4 if i was fail in the lawsuit then i will find way to kill the rapist.
I will not kill myself until i see the rapist go to jail.
5 i will start my new life . Maybe it is the pain for even in my deep heart. But i think i will do many thing for benefit the society .
I will keep single if the man can't accept the women had be rape
6 Life is best treasure in human world, the virtue can't replace the life.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-9-15 11:04:50 |Display all floors

lost virtue isn't serious.

No matter how she is ,i will get marriage with her as long as i love her.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-9-15 11:05:40 |Display all floors

lost virtue isn't serious.

No matter how she is ,i will get marriage with her as long as i love her.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-9-15 11:09:23 |Display all floors

coolmax, this is a very dull question.

I don't know your eductional background or  value system,but you are a typical feudalist.

I think you need ask yourself thoese questions:
who are the rapist,
How to support those kinds casualty.
how to reduce those kinds case.
How to man control and stop the evil behavior .
Not women and casualty pay the bill for the crimes

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-9-15 11:47:26 |Display all floors

Bevshine I don't agree with you that this is a dull question

It is a very pertinent question in the modern day era. We live in a modern world where news travel so fast that what happened a short while ago at the other end of the world can be seen on T.V. almost instantaneously.

Values change with the passage of time. The concept of virtue a hundred years ago change as people progress with their standard of living.  To a woman virginity was literally sacred a hundred years ago. Today barely do people care about such a virtue. After all marriage is a combination of so many factors that virginity is hardly significant (except perhaps to a few).

So it is best that we bring up such issues and discuss them so that we can be guided and aware of where society is moving or progressing.

Let us march and keep up with the times.

Happy Posting! !

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.