Author: pepper

Do you like snow? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2003-11-9 04:55:07 |Display all floors

Sometimes rhere can be too much snow!

I lived for 5 years in Iceland and another year with the Eskimo in West Grenland...........we used to dream of days without snow. Yes it is beautiful and yes you can have fun and play snow sports but it can also be aweful. I lived in a tiny village in Nw Iceland and twice we had avalanches which killed all 16 people who stayed at work that lunchtime and the other which killed 6 more. Only 1000 people lived there. We got cut off so often in the long winters by up to 70 metres of snow. It was hard getting out of the door in the mornings with a metre falling in the night. I worked on fishing boats in winter there and all the ship was so covered in ice and snow that 3 others sank! You cannot swim in the water when it is freezing. And so many people live their lives that way.
  But it is wonderful when it makes the world look clean and fresh.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-11-9 04:58:57 |Display all floors

Snow in Australia!!

I was travelling in a hot part of Australia and we stopped in this tiny unknown place. It is always hot and dry in South Australia. A man talked and finding we had just come from living in the Arctic said." We have snow in this area!" Almost unbelievable to imagine. So he took us to the small local museum. There was a black and white photo of children playing by a snowman and with snowballs in their hands.........the date was..................................1902...............! And it has never snowed since.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-11-9 05:12:17 |Display all floors

snow, snow, snow ~~~

I feel so homesick, when I heard about the snowing in Beijing.

I've been  away from home in England another year!!!

I'll going back home as soon as I finish all my exams in June!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-11-9 09:01:43 |Display all floors

yes!I Like it !

I envy you so much.
     I am in south of China,so the temprature is not too below.
The snow isn't thick,i want to go Beijing very much!so i must
study hard!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-11-9 09:05:49 |Display all floors

hi.

i admire the people in beijing very much
because in south city,
you never see or feel snow ,unless you go to north
I am from guangzhou

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-11-9 09:24:35 |Display all floors

Of course ,I like it

I like white ,which represents pure .When the snow cover the whole
earth,the rubbish and other impure material  which bring us unhappy
was covered by snow.The rest is pure.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-11-9 10:05:43 |Display all floors

You are an idealist

My dear:
         You are an idealist,aren't you? Can the whole world be covered with snow? Every coin has two sides. Without the grafters,who can we fight a battle against? And there is no necessity to remind every one of us "the three represents".Do remember "the world is colorful".

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.