Views: 2815|Replies: 6

Why is this allowed? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2016-1-11 22:51:44 |Display all floors
This post was edited by BlondeAmber at 2016-1-11 23:11

Why does CD allow mutiple aliases?
Why are banned posters allowed back under a new alias?
Why are IP addresses of banned users not blocked?

some questions i would like answered please.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-1-11 22:57:14 |Display all floors
And how do you know about "multiple" alias ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-1-11 23:03:07 |Display all floors
This post was edited by BlondeAmber at 2016-1-11 23:13
ConfuciusPhD Post time: 2016-1-11 22:57
And how do you know about "multiple" alias ?

It's not rocket science.
I have queried this before and have had the questions removed.

It is obvious when there is more than one poster, usually a couple of newbies, that agree with a more established poster, and they usually drown out opposition rather than add anything to the thread.

It just makes the site look retar**d

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-1-11 23:22:04 |Display all floors
I'll just wait to see how long it takes for this thread to be removed or hijacked.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-1-12 13:03:12 |Display all floors
Its harder to ban IP addys then most people think.  Most people can simply reconnect to their isp an get a new one.  So the Mods end up having to ban a whole city to get one person.  Some people also dont just accept the ban an move on,  they will get ip spooffers or change their isp.  With some people you end up having to ban the country they are from,  sometimes even more just to get that one person.

I used to run a halo server at my home an would ban the cheaters.  Some cheaters took this as a personal challenge an would invest dozens of hours trying to mess with my server.  I would end up banning whole countrys,  spending dozens of hours myself trying to keep them off my server.  Once you hit this point it becomes counterproductive to continue.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-1-12 13:08:48 |Display all floors
Some folks need to say things without losing their own credibility, losing friends or even losing their membership. It only leaves one to create an alias to get their point across. But when being used for catfishing someone as an act of sheer brilliance or utter stupidity, it's all just plain nonsense.

Ex; Twitter' In either case, I've been trolled in the media, when its after-effect only makes me more popular.
MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!  Rated R, Parental Guidance Suggested....

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2016-1-12 15:22:00 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.