Author: SherrySongSHSF

Chinese people are the most optimistic in the world   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2016-1-9 07:50:17 |Display all floors
hmmm, i followed this link from the page "Girl forces mother to abort second child"

I think Chinese people are so worried about face they would rather lie in an anonymous survey.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-1-9 08:33:05 |Display all floors
The accuracy of such worldwide surveys is debatable. Who contributed? What value added criteria was used between vastly different cultures and economies?  Any country that has risen out of turmoil and poverty, starvation and neglect, war and misery will say that the world is getting better. China's improvements have astounded the world and I think will continue to do so. Their economy is strong enough to support domestic needs. The more educated and knowledgeable people become, the more they criticise and see the wider issues. These people will be negative in their responses.
So, ignore such silly surveys.  My last survey showed that 85% of Chinese plants grow better when listening to Beijing opera, than western plants.     
English teacher and education adviser. China needs a teaching profession with less fear and more trust and honesty.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-1-9 08:45:24 |Display all floors
a useless and sill survey...........

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-1-9 10:59:46 |Display all floors
well, i don't want to put china down, because it's good news if it is true. also, it does help the world if china is optimistic about the future. so it's a win-win for everyone. maybe it's a good reminder for people to be more optimistic about the future as well. as for the survey, i wouldn't trust the numbers, but there might be some truth to it. because chinese approach and attitude to life is different. i don't know about the other countries, but the english-speaking world is indeed rather pessimistic about the future. i don't think it's related to education level.

also, for china, it is true that things are getting better. they are only starting to enjoy what the rest of the world has been enjoying for decades. things are looking bright for some. so for the rest of the world, it seems everything is still the same, or has gotten worse, because cities are more crowded nowadays, too many cars, too many people everywhere, the mainland chinese are invading everywhere as well. for me, all the good movies and music belonged to the past. i just don't enjoy the entertainment that's coming out today. better weather in the past due to less cars. better food in the past because there weren't much GMO stuff back then. better surroundings because people stayed in their hometowns but today everyone's crowding in the cities.

i just think that optimistic people are happy, and well, it seems there are much more unhappy chinese than there are of any other nationalities, so it makes me wonder how that's the case. this survey silly as it is, because all surveys are, but it is interesting and a good reminder to be more positive about the future if you are being negative.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-1-9 11:09:03 |Display all floors
why are people surprised about china getting better? i'm not. it has not astounded me. if chinese people became clean and cared more about strangers, that would indeed surprise me.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2016-1-9 11:23:16 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2016-1-9 11:32:48 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.