Author: SherrySongSHSF

Chinese people are the most optimistic in the world   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2016-1-14 19:19:20 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Jeb_Bush at 2016-1-14 19:41

I would say that optimism is a specific kind of positivity: being positive means seeing the bright side in everything, optimism specifically means looking on the bright side when you think about what the future might hold.

The difference between Chinese being optimistic -vs- being gullible, I'd say, is that a gullible person such as the Chinese, believes what they're told (whether it's good or bad, right or wrong), an optimistic Chinese person believes that good things will happen (that's only because someone told them).

So an optimist can be gullible or not, and a gullible person can be an optimist or not.

A gullible optimist, such as mainland Chinese, believes good things will happen if someone told them so, even if common sense tells them it's not true.

While a more sensible western optimist believes good things will happen if common sense tells us so, then there's at least a decent chance that it's true.

My point being is; Chinese lack too much "common sence", to ever say they are "completley optimistic."

So.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-1-16 01:45:17 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Jeb_Bush at 2016-1-16 01:48

God, after hearing someone read what I wrote, it sounds horrible

I suppose I may have been lacking too when I wrote that.

Sorry about that China. I hope you know, I do love you!
So.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2016-1-16 11:10:48 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-1-18 22:16:15 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Jeb_Bush at 2016-1-18 22:36
seneca Post time: 2016-1-16 11:10
Lacking in what? You certainly don't lack optimism!

I was drinking 60 year old Scotch when I said that !

Thank you seneca!
So.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-9-14 09:29:05 |Display all floors
dusty1 Post time: 2016-1-10 07:20
Agree

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.