Views: 712|Replies: 4

China says no tolerance for defending terrorism as French journalist leaves [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2016-1-2 02:49:16 |Display all floors
BEIJING - China said on Friday it will not tolerate those who defend terrorism as French journalist Ursula Gauthier leaves China.

China will ensure the legal rights of foreign media organizations and journalists to cover China, but the Chinese government and people will not tolerate defense of terrorism in the name of freedom, Foreign Ministry spokesman Lu Kang said.

Gauthier, a Beijing-based co ...

--------Click here for more information--------

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-1-2 02:49:17 |Display all floors
I'd like to see the survey. Exactly how many French citizens were surveyed? Saying half the people surveyed voice their support is meaningless unless we know how many were surveyed.

I also find it odd how, up until this new anti-terrorism law came into effect, Beijing would downplay the policies in Xinjiang, saying that the policies had helped those people, not suppressed them. Now, all of a sudden, anything which contradicts Beijing's voice, is "support for terrorism". It sounds to me like Beijing is just tired of defending itself, and is using the new law as an excuse to kick people out of the country.

Beijing ... Master of the Two-Step.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-1-2 04:48:12 |Display all floors
I would have liked to have seen her off at the airport.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.