Author: KIyer

Nationalism, Racism and Fascism made clearer   [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2015-12-17 17:25:15 |Display all floors
sfphoto Post time: 2015-12-17 17:18
My country is better than your country; my race is better than your race; my culture/ideology is bet ...

My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-12-17 17:37:47 |Display all floors
This post was edited by sfphoto at 2015-12-17 17:43
Revolutionar Post time: 2015-12-17 17:15
after Mao died, China got a better insurance product.....they started watching Star Wars and Holly ...

Trade and investment do not buy insurance; instead they tempt invaders if the host country is wealthy which is what happened to China during the Qing Dynasty. Look at Russian history and see why Russians are so paranoid about the Western Powers that have attempted time and again to conquer Russia. Even treaties (e.g., Molotov–Ribbentrop Pact) will not work if the aggressor is intent on the military conquest of another country. Only military might and political influence can deter potential aggressors. A good example is Japan's defeat of both China and Russia during the late 19th century which allowed Japan to colonize Korea and Taiwan. To protect its commercial interests in China and Southeast Asia, the British Empire then entered into an alliance with Imperial Japan, thus recognizing Imperial Japan as an East Asian Power.

A weak country aligning with a stronger power won't work either if there is no mutual commonality between the two countries. It is far more likely for the stronger power to exploit the weaker country rather than to risk its own security to defend that weak country. A good example is the Philippines aligning with the U.S.A., both countries don't share any mutual commonality except a shared history of the brutal conquest of the Philippines by the U.S. military more than a hundred years ago. Such alliances are not real alliances but neo-colonial relationships.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-12-17 18:04:53 |Display all floors
sfphoto Post time: 2015-12-17 17:37
Trade and investment do not buy insurance; instead they tempt invaders if the host country is wealt ...

the trouble with China................and perhaps take another few hundred years to sort out..............

....is that China likes to think of itself as a very special place.

it is not.....China is just a very ordinary place in this planet.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-12-17 18:10:07 |Display all floors
China's view of this world is too childish.

always in a love hate tug of war.

it is nonsense and very annoying.....

visitors gets praised for the simplest  gesture..........and gets jailed for the most innocent criticism...................it is a ridiculous place.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2015-12-17 18:21:41 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2015-12-17 18:10

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-12-17 18:33:06 |Display all floors
This post was edited by sfphoto at 2015-12-17 18:47
Revolutionar Post time: 2015-12-17 18:10

You have a very Western Orientalist view of China and East Asia. Everything you're saying about China could be applied to any other East Asian nation.  East Asians such as myself are far more well-versed in Western Civilization than Westerners such as yourself in East Asian Civilization. To racist bigots such as Seneca, the presumption of white supremacist values is implicit in his words and deeds. The Chinese don't hold such views because China has a very realistic view of this world. And that's how China became the second largest economy in this world.

I find most Western posters on this website to be childish and immature who appear condensceding to East Asians by virtue of their white supremacist values. Most Western posters on this website hardly know anything about East Asian languages, cultures, religions, traditions, philosophies, histories, etc. and yet rant on and on about the alleged superiority of Western values, ideals and cultures. The number one culprit on this website is this racist bigot from South Africa.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2015-12-17 18:40:21 |Display all floors
"...................... To racist bigots such as Seneca.........."

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.