The cultural differences between the East and West   [Copy link] 中文

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2015-12-21 12:54:16 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2015-12-21 12:56:03 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-12-21 18:43:27 |Display all floors

I thought it's obvious enough that my spirit is in debt to the thick skinned provoker.  先撩者贱, 还敢抢高地说道,德薄所以皮厚乎?  

I also thought my less than paper thin level is obvious enough, didn't expect it could have actually taken one that long to sense whats worth trying and what's not, let alone the tempt of 'intellectual content' even spelt out on the screen. The sense of a pathetic gollum-like 小人 must be very under developed, 难怪字里行间总透着一股邪气

长年靠中国人赏吃赏住,在中国网站混存在感,非但没半点感恩之心,还总以损中国为己任,整天一刻薄晚娘似的碎嘴挑拨,尽是排放负能量,言词酸涩可恶,有如中国欠了他祖宗八辈的债, 妥妥‘端起碗吃饭,放下碗骂娘’的人渣示范,还好犯贱,既然送脸让打,恕不辜负。

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-12-22 08:32:10 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Caged at 2015-12-22 08:38

It seems like a very vague question. Some would say Japan  and Isreal are part of the West, depending on how one understands 'East' and 'West.'
Even if we limit ourselves to a strictly geographical definition (putting Japan and Israel in the East), the answer is still not clear. The USA, Turkey, and Russia would all be considered part of the West, yet they are still very different from one another. Israel, Iraq, Iran, China, and Japan are all part of the East, yet are also radically different from one another. I don't see where we can even begin to compare such a vast East to such a vast West. It would make more sense to compare two specific nations.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-12-29 07:57:47 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2015-12-16 14:04
My, the third newcomer to ask this in 24 hours, how strange

One difference:

West has democracy, East does not.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-12-29 08:56:14 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2015-12-29 15:45:22 |Display all floors
hummingbirds Post time: 2015-12-29 07:57
One difference:

West has democracy, East does not.

S Korea has democracy, Japan has democracy

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.