Author: seneca

Great Oxymorons [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-12-26 16:33:44 |Display all floors
They estimated Albert Einstein's IQ to be 160, which i thought was a bit low.  I'd have expected it to be nearer 200.
Your own mind is a sacred enclosure into which nothing harmful can enter except by your permission. Arnold Bennett

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-12-26 17:28:52 |Display all floors
I have watched hundreds of Youtube on General and Special Relativity and still don't understand it.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-12-27 01:12:27 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2015-12-26 17:28
I have watched hundreds of Youtube on General and Special Relativity and still don't understand it.

It's quite easy to understand two atomic clocks, one showing that time flows quicker ' up there ' further away from a large mass like the earth.
Your own mind is a sacred enclosure into which nothing harmful can enter except by your permission. Arnold Bennett

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-12-27 13:12:45 |Display all floors
St_George Post time: 2015-12-27 01:12
It's quite easy to understand two atomic clocks, one showing that time flows quicker ' up there '  ...

after watching hundreds of videos, I can get the what, but the why still eludes me...and how an Einstein can imagine all that with only one fact....that the speed of light is a constant still eludes me.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-12-27 15:05:18 |Display all floors

NYTimes did an interesting OpEd on Oxymorons and Malay-USAnians...
MalayOxymoron.jpg

Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2015-12-27 18:43:05 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-12-27 19:37:46 |Display all floors
cestmoi Post time: 2015-12-27 15:05
NYTimes did an interesting OpEd on Oxymorons and Malay-USAnians...

I think it is very impolite to call other people oxymorons......especially labeling someone from another race.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.