Author: KIyer

Wonder why so many violent conflicts in the world today?   [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2015-12-9 08:09:17 |Display all floors
This post was edited by KIyer at 2015-12-9 10:10
Ted180 Post time: 2015-12-9 10:04
I doubt there are really MORE violent conflicts in today's world. It SEEMS so because of the greatly ...
I have read that the chances of the average person being killed by violence is less now than ever before in history.

That might be due to the averaging over large populations of China, India, Japan and the USA etc. but certainly not true for the world's trouble spots, including those in India, the ME etc. Specifically targeting civilians and non-combatants on a large scale to 'win wars' is a more recent phenomenon, pioneered by weapons of mass destruction and strategies of 'modern warfare' or encouraging local terrorist groups, mostly from the Western powers. They have also achieved a great deal of progress in preventing their own populations  from being on the receiving end of such tactics. The large populations who are vulnerable now are mostly in Asia, Africa and South America.
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-12-9 08:15:14 |Display all floors
youknowhat Post time: 2015-12-9 03:44
trump would be ideal & more realistic than hillary...obama his days are over soon

there are 20% of Americans who share your opinion....scary people.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2015-12-9 08:16:26 |Display all floors
parcher Post time: 2015-12-9 07:48
Was helpful...
told him to let it go, and put the thread to bed...

He wont

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-12-9 08:17:54 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2015-12-9 06:53
i am just saying it like i see it.

Where are you getting your information from?

You talk about the american people and what they supposedly think....where are you getting this from?  The media?  I don't even think the media would say that americans view their leaders as kind, paternal figures.  That's pretty far out there.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-12-9 08:21:22 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2015-12-9 08:17

You talk about the american people and what they sup ...

social worker turned President is one of the best out there......one of the best in history.

I will never trust a fenix....in any thing.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2015-12-9 08:21:50 |Display all floors
JFenix Post time: 2015-12-9 10:17

You talk about the american people and what they sup ...

i form my opinions from what I see on the media out there for all to see.
The USA's stated doctrine has been in the news. I personally note that politicians behave as if they are trying to be paternal towards their people, though some people feel it is really patronizing...
I don't simply regurgitate what is fed by ANY media as my views. I think about what I read and put out my views. I own them personally - they are MY views and opinions.
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-12-9 08:53:37 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2015-12-9 08:21
i form my opinions from what I see on the media out there for all to see.
The USA's stated doctrin ...

How politicians talk and how the american people feel about them are two totally different animals.

Maybe you should try talking to american people before making such broad assumptions about how they think.

Its something we all need to do.  Politics are out there to divide us.  We don't have to let them.

Its boards like these where we can communicate and cut through the bullshit and all the stereotypes.  I wish more people could see that.

Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out.

-  James Bryant Conant

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.