Author: kellyzhang

terrible murders of 48 women [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2003-11-8 12:55:56 |Display all floors

mmm

He's killed 48 people, of course there's not a shred of humanity in him which is why he'll use any means to avoid execution.  I think a lifetime in prison with no possibility of parole is at least an equal punishment.  If he is ever let into the mainstream prison population he won't last long.

I'm not sure about him being a psychopath, a serial killer isn't neccessarily one. I don't know whether it's been established or not.  

1 in 20 males is a psychopath, there are only a handful of women who have ever been considered as psychopaths.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-11-8 13:18:18 |Display all floors

puzzle

I have a puzzle  about this case that
why those 48 women not  fight back.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-11-9 23:26:10 |Display all floors

He can still be prosecuted in other jurisdictions

Yes, I read about this serial murderer as well.  But it's my understanding that he was only able to strike a deal in the legal jurisdiction in which he was convicted of the crime.

The online article I read indicated that he could still be charged with crimes in other areas, and that he would NOT be exempt from the death penalty in other legal jurisdictions.  And it appears that he may have committed crimes elsewhere for which he could still be held responsible.

But in the long run, I really don't think the death sentence is all that effective in America anyway.  It usually takes somewhere between 10 to 15 years to actually put the man to death, not to mention high legal fees for multiple appeals, paid for by the taxpayers.  So as far as acting as a deterrent or warning to other criminals -- well, it just doesn't seem to work when most people have forgotten about the crime by time the execution takes place.  

Use magic tools Report

chairman has been deleted
Post time 2003-11-10 01:16:38 |Display all floors

Psychopath, as GTNBIA said above.....but theres more...

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal

Post time 2012-5-3 05:03:59 |Display all floors
China Has the ONE BULLET RULE
Never Let Anyone Outside The Family Know What You're Thinking.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2012-5-3 06:27:01 |Display all floors
...and the family pays for it
I'm just here for the money

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.