Author: dostoevskydr

An unwinnable war   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-11-19 16:33:02 |Display all floors
dostoevskydr Post time: 2015-11-19 15:42
"No amount of rhetoric by Hollande, Cameron, Putin and a ‘lame-duck’ Obama, or the feuding conte ...

Isis members are more likely to be killed by other loony members.......they will all die.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-11-19 16:33:52 |Display all floors
dostoevskydr Post time: 2015-11-19 15:42
"No amount of rhetoric by Hollande, Cameron, Putin and a ‘lame-duck’ Obama, or the feuding conte ...

Isis members are more likely to be killed by other loony members.......they will all die.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-11-19 16:59:18 |Display all floors
dusty1 Post time: 2015-11-19 14:02
All wars are unwinnable

Only minds.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2015-11-19 17:12:45 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2015-11-19 16:33

"Air war can only achieve limited objectives.
So what is a credible plan – to use Obama’s famous terminology of the operation against Al-Qaeda – of degrading and dismantling the Islamic State? Very little because unlike Al-Qaeda – but like the Taliban – the IS is an indigenous phenomenon with a large area under its control. If pushed out from the cities through ground operations, they can regroup in the country side. That too is a distant goal because after the long conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan there is little desire left to engage in open-ended ground operations.
Air war can only achieve limited objectives."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-11-19 17:18:00 |Display all floors
dostoevskydr Post time: 2015-11-19 17:12
"Air war can only achieve limited objectives.
So what is a credible plan – to use Obama’s famous ...

Pressure......

there is enough pressure for Isis members to kill each  other.

They are all dead.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2015-11-19 17:22:13 |Display all floors
"Events of recent weeks, however, point to the need to pull Syria out of the quagmire it has sunk into in the last four years with signs of further turmoil and destruction. The world’s most powerful nations have failed to find a solution, resulting in 300,000 deaths and millions of Syrians rendered homeless. The IS has only aggravated their pitiful situation."

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2015-11-19 17:46:08 |Display all floors
ahthian Post time: 2015-11-19 16:59
Only minds.

You have never been in the military what would you know

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.