Author: cestmoi

Multiple Terror Explosions rocked Paris    Close [Copy link] 中文

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2015-11-14 10:49:32 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2015-11-14 10:52:06 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-11-14 10:53:13 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2015-11-14 10:14
No one can control or dictate what someone else feels towards something, often we cannot even cont ...

I did start a thead to engage Bob, quoting both Bernie Sanders and Prof Wolff, along with a case study. He declined to debate, stuck to his monotonous one liners which, at best and taken at face value , is reductio ad absurdum. Played the same track again and again like a broken record. Is that what u call consistency?
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-11-14 10:57:12 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2015-11-14 10:39
That means Paris is shut down? No one is shopping, working, singing arias, meeting friends in a bi ...

Just watched the hastily emptied streets on TV.

Reporters were saying normally there would be lots of people n tourists about.

People just hurried home.

Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2015-11-14 11:06:49 |Display all floors
cestmoi Post time: 2015-11-14 12:53
I did start a thead to engage Bob, quoting both Bernie Sanders and Prof Wolff, along with a case  ...

look i would rather not discuss Robert with you any further than what I have put out in my post. I find him one of the most consistent, honest and indicative of fair-mindedness, more so than most, including you. I do not want to really make this about any person, including you. We can even discuss the feelings or thoughts a person expresses here in a neutral, objective and friendly manner. I do not agree entirely with everything Robert says or you say.

Regarding this OP, everyone will have their own reaction and statements. All will agree that it is a human tragedy, possibly preventable if people learned to treat each other with greater respect if not actual love. Well, life goes on in this manner that we see. Hopefully, wisdom will come to those that need it.
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-11-14 11:39:28 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2015-11-14 10:49
Although I fully sympathise with the families who lost someone in the Charlie Hebdo attack, I mus ...

I'd just as soon read an English tabloid than a rag that lampoons and makes caricatures of other people, culture and believes. But that's what the French do, it's gallic arrogance and insensitivity.

Neither will I defend France colonial past in Algeria, they got their come uppance at Dien Bien Phu.

Let's agree that the repeated terror attacks in Paris is unconscionable.  
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-11-14 11:41:54 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2015-11-14 11:06
look i would rather not discuss Robert with you any further than what I have put out in my post. I ...

So that is your concept of "fair mindedness" and consistency?

Pity.
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.