Author: cestmoi

Multiple Terror Explosions rocked Paris    Close [Copy link] 中文

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2015-11-14 10:14:45 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2015-11-14 12:01
True, I cannot choose that I was born from European stock. If I had a choice I never would have ma ...

No one can control or dictate what someone else feels towards something, often we cannot even control our own feelings. I understand your feelings in this issue. They are understandable, rational and consistent with your outlook to life and the values you proclaim. I guess you would feel that way towards any people you think have done the same kind of things. By the same measure, I can understand you being proud of the really good things that Europeans have done or achieved, if you feel so.
While I place a lot of importance to being honest and consistent in applying the same standards of judgement, I also place a lot of importance on personal actions that we are individually accountable for - including expressing our views or support for the unethical actions of our leaders or 'elected' leaders or our ancestors. In your personal capacity, I have seen nothing of that sort, but only consistency. I reckon many of those that cannot accept you on this forum would have accepted you better with your stated views, if you were actually a non-European origin USAnian. If you were anything but that, they would 'hate' you less for being 'one among them'. On the flip-side, I reckon that some would accept me better with a lot of my views or 'attitudes' if they thought I was of European origin or pro-Western!

Wish you well, mate!
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2015-11-14 10:32:28 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2015-11-14 10:35:05 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-11-14 10:38:40 |Display all floors
After Charlie Hepdo, one would think France would be more vigilant.

This is possibly the 2nd or 3rd deadliest terror attack.

One can draw a reasonable conclusion that there are multiple terror cells in France.

Where do they get the automatic assault guns?  You can make DIY home-made bombs but not hone-made AK47.
Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-11-14 10:39:09 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-11-14 10:41:25 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-11-14 10:42:49 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.