Views: 24576|Replies: 62

Chinese tourists in Japan condemned for massive consumption   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-10-11 14:26:17 |Display all floors
Japan.jpg

It's reported that around 400,000 tourists from the Chinese mainland visited Japan and spent nearly 100 billion yen, or around $830 million in shopping during the National Day holiday week from Oct 1-7.

This news brought not only the Chinese consumers purchasing ability but also blames from the so called "patriots" who point fingers at those bought Japanese goods.  The patriots think the spending spree would boost Japanese economy (which is ture indeed) while reducing domestic consumption.

Considering Japan as the foe of China during the WWII and the current performance on the historic issue and terroritial dispute. those consumers' behavors are regarded as the betrial against its own nation.

It's a reasonable way to love your country or experess your patriotism by refusing to buy goods for the unfriendly nation?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-10-11 17:46:09 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2015-10-11 19:18:05 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-10-11 19:21:52 |Display all floors
Kbay Post time: 2015-10-11 19:10
On the other side of the coin, the Japanese are avoiding China, and fly to other Asia destinations i ...

You should look at your own behavior an personality an then ask yourself "If I was Japanese would I want to visit someone like me?".

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-10-11 19:34:21 |Display all floors
the Japanese are avoiding China, and fly to other Asia destinations instead.

let's be brutally honest:
do you think they want to come to china?
lets forget the pollution, lack of road safety/food safety/escalator safety/etc
they are simply not welcome.
regardless of how friendly i keep hearing china is, china doesnt want foreigners, especially japanese.
and why would they! they did bad things 70+ years ago!
the government keep the anti-japanese hatred burning (whilst continuing to do business with them)
and clearly japanese money is not welcome here.

like cutting your nose off despite your face

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-10-11 19:42:08 |Display all floors
It's a reasonable way to love your country or experess your patriotism by refusing to buy goods for the unfriendly nation?

just imagine how much more developed china could be if they didnt bring up the anti-japanese sentiment at every single opportunity.
image what china could be like if children were allowed to make their own decisions about japan, rather than be influenced by anti-japanese cartoons?

you do realize that as of latest figures (i have found) japan is china's 3rd most important trading partner.
312.55 billion USD.
when you talk about "being patriotic" you have to remember that the government regularly does business with japan, not just individuals.

the fact that so many chinese went there for the holiday says a lot about the whole anti-japanese sentiment.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-10-12 02:19:13 |Display all floors
'which is ture indeed'

How 'ture' is this?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.