Author: spiderman006

Impolite behavior in the public places   [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2015-10-7 15:46:17 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2015-10-7 15:25
Yes, some are old pictures, but don't you think they are good reminders?  Watch CCTV News and see  ...

I would prefer to see up to date pics of such behaviour, there are plenty to be had, rehashing old pics make some people ignore the thread.

Actually i see many Chinese as wishing to change such behaviour but are unwilling to act, a few days ago in Huang Shan I repeatedly stop people pushing into the line that had been standing patiently for a good while and every time the Chinese people all around applauded my behaviour but not of them had the guts to act themselves.

I know it often seems that all Chinese are bad in these circumstances but I belive actually it is a minority that do it and with a little more will from the populace to speak out thinks could improve no end.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-10-8 12:25:32 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2015-10-7 15:46
I would prefer to see up to date pics of such behaviour, there are plenty to be had, rehashing old ...

"but I belive actually it is a minority that do it and with a little more will from the populace to speak out thinks could improve no end.'

That's precisely the problem with the Chinese; they choose not to act, they will never tell someone not to smoke in prohibited places, or urinate or litter, or spit, etc!  If every Chinese, or even a large number speak up against anti-social behavior, things will definitely improve. Chinese people unfortunately choose to play the good guy, don't want to offend the offenders!

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2015-10-8 13:26:24 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2015-10-8 12:25
"but I belive actually it is a minority that do it and with a little more will from the populace t ...

Chose not to act may be a little harsh, more a case of programmed not to act, the whole Chinese education system teaches followers not leaders and does not encourage people to speak out.

One major problem in China is that too many people say" well everyone else does it so why shouldn't I ", what it needs is some well publicised actions to bring others on side.

During the SARs epedemic spitting on the streets stopped only for it to restart, this shows it can be done but needs a lot of pushing in the right direction.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-10-13 10:35:54 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2015-10-8 13:26
Chose not to act may be a little harsh, more a case of programmed not to act, the whole Chinese ed ...

'this shows it can be done but needs a lot of pushing in the right direction.'

Yes, with strict enforcement and stiiff penalties too!  For instance, no-smoking signs are always ignored in public places, but not in airline cabins, and buses, because they strictly enforce it!  But many restaurants and hotels choose to turn a blind eye to smoking in there, so smokers take advantage of that to smoke!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-10-13 21:25:11 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2015-10-13 10:35
'this shows it can be done but needs a lot of pushing in the right direction.'

Yes, with strict e ...

I am in Guangzhou for a few days where they have special BRT lanes for the buses and the rules for them are obeyed, the missis asked a taxi driver about this and he answered " 3 points and 200 RMB fine EVERY time you try, it isn't worth it ", this shows that if the rules are enforced it works, the problem is getting the powers that be to get tough

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-10-14 12:04:33 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2015-10-13 21:25
I am in Guangzhou for a few days where they have special BRT lanes for the buses and the rules for ...

'this shows that if the rules are enforced it works, the problem is getting the powers that be to get tough'

That's exactly what I mean; the devil is in getting the officials to get off  their  butt and go round enforcing the law!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.