Author: BlondeAmber

Why all the hate?   [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2015-10-7 10:22:39 |Display all floors
Ted180 Post time: 2015-10-7 09:56
I am really very western and I've been on CD for several years. I have never been banned, and I thin ...

To some degree you have a point, however I know of several good posters that have left CD as they are fed up with the insulting bully boy tactics of a handful od posters that take much more away from CD that they add.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-10-7 13:57:55 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2015-10-7 10:22
To some degree you have a point, however I know of several good posters that have left CD as they  ...

it is not so much the 'bully boy' tactics, but the tedious certain knowledge that most threads will end up sooner or later with the same few posters repeating the same tired childishness.

Why stay when there are forums that will moderate rational debate and not allow casual misogyny and racism?

I have had moderate comments, that were on topic, removed.
Even the recent 'accident' has resulted with the more moderate posters leaving.

Read this whatever way you want.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2015-10-7 14:45:35 |Display all floors
BlondeAmber Post time: 2015-10-7 13:57
it is not so much the 'bully boy' tactics, but the tedious certain knowledge that most threads wil ...

Certain posters of the problem king have a habit of reporting anything and everything they do not like, those same few posters seem to hold great sway with the powers that be so get normal stuff removed while their vile comments stay, I have tried to bring this up with voice directly but despite assurances nothing changes. Part of the problem is Voice does not understand the nuances behind many posts and only sees the headline " we love China " when, in reality they know nothing of the real China.

I got my one and only CD ban for criticising the way things are done, seems we are not allowed to say that those at the top are doing anything but a perfect job.

Until we get a voice that is serious about tackling the problem nothing will change.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-10-7 15:07:30 |Display all floors
delete ..

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.