Author: futsanglung

Parcel bombs in Guangxi   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-10-6 21:50:40 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2015-10-3 09:32
One day later, and the CHINA DAILY reports that the bomber himself is dead…

WtF?

China has a lot to learn from USAnians on interrogation methods. Killing the suspects is never a good idea.

USAnians has an army of psychologists to help them dehumanize and mentally destroy prisoners. This carries over to the daily interaction with people that USAnians "do not like".

Let the dice fly high

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-10-6 22:33:47 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2015-10-6 21:30
Newton, you haven't been to Yangshuo for a few years, right? You describe it well - except that th ...

Thanks for the update about Yangshuo. As you comment, my last visit there was around five years ago. Sounds like the place has really gone to the pits, I know the hotel area you are talking about and how this occupied a large central area of land. There was a great Chinese restaurant directly opposite the Mei You Cafe where I had nearly all my evening meals. I love the natural landscape and small villages around YS, away from the commercial tat and crowding of the main tourist street, but my visits there may have to remain a memory if it's not worth returning. Plus I quite enjoyed the beer fish !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-10-6 22:43:22 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2015-10-6 21:17
I also have been to Liuzhou recently but I found it quite attractive, its downtown area (inside t ...

I vaguely remember the train station, more the slowish rickety train ride to Guilin. Liuzhou seemed something of a backwater to me when I was there around five years ago and in winter time it gave off an air of isolation and slight under-development if anything. The cold didn't help and the only place I could find coffee was at a KFC. Sounds like recent times have seen lots of change for this city as is common throughout China, but also, as usual, a change which is not for the better.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-10-6 22:43:24 |Display all floors
This post was edited by Newtown at 2015-10-6 22:44
seneca Post time: 2015-10-6 21:17
I also have been to Liuzhou recently but I found it quite attractive, its downtown area (inside t ...

Rpt.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-10-6 23:11:28 |Display all floors
cestmoi Post time: 2015-10-6 21:50
China has a lot to learn from USAnians on interrogation methods. Killing the suspects is never a g ...

That must be absolutely huge army of shrinks in USA if they're all working together to form the attitudes of so many Americans. Are these psychologists of the Freudian, Jungian, Reichian, or talking cure variety of trick cyclists and / or do they mostly prefer doling out suitable medication to such a vast population of patients ?

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2015-10-7 08:49:22 |Display all floors
cestmoi Post time: 2015-10-6 21:45
So it's home grown terrorism?

Terrorism maybe a strong word, more likely a nutter with a grievance

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2015-10-7 11:05:27 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.