Author: futsanglung

medicine in China   [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2015-10-2 12:43:46 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2015-10-2 11:06
My experiences with Chiense medical service providers is a rollercoaster of every kind. Here is anot ...

Yes, the local neighbourhood clinics leave a lot to be desired, I try to avoid such places, I find any hospital attached to a university tends to be the best option, even there doctors are underpaid, even the skilled surgeon who worked on me at the private hopital 2 years ago was only on 10,000 RMB per month.

That said I have also had problems with the health service in the UK and the waiting times there are terrible even for basic matters.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2015-10-2 17:24:57 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2015-10-2 18:59:08 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2015-10-2 17:24
My brother-in-law had a stroke. He is a physician himself but a heavy smoker and boozer. He doesn't  ...

10K in Shanghai is not a lot with costs here being what they are.

Even in the private hospital in Shanghai it was like that, all food had to be supplied by family and friends they did supply the hot water boiler as seen everywhere and a microwave at the end of the corirdor, all the nurses did ( admittedly very well ) was do the medical stuff, administer the meds and change the dressings etc, the room and bathroom were like a 7days inn or Motel 168 standard, clean but basic, they did supply ( free of charge ) the pajamas that they insisted you wear, maybe a good thing as I do not own any pajamas!  There was a TV in the room that could get CCTV9 as it was then, better than the UK where you have to pay for the telly.

Thankfully I was only in one night.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2015-10-3 09:18:52 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-10-3 19:04:19 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2015-10-3 09:18
Dental clinics have made tremendous progress in every sphere save perhaps in the way they are being ...

privacy in a Chinese hospital??? Aint gonna happen.

Never done the dentist in China, I wait till I get back to the UK for that, in my early days I remember seeing the dentists chairs in the middle of open fronted shops while the locals all looked on, kinda put me off the idea.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-10-4 11:38:34 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-10-4 19:37:14 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2015-10-4 11:38
I have never allowed one of these sidewalk dentists to come near my teeth. It is not necessary; ev ...

Thanks but I will continue to wait till I am back in the UK where my dentist as a South African.

Accupuncture and the like is fine but i do draw the line at some things

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.