Author: abramicus

China's Reserve Dropped $94B Not After Devaluation, But After Revaluation   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-9-11 02:57:22 |Display all floors
incarnate Post time: 2015-9-11 02:32
Measures prevented systemic financial risks: Premier Li

By Li Qiaoyi and Song Shengxia in Dalia ...

Talk is free.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-9-11 09:02:58 |Display all floors
http://www.forbes.com/sites/jack ... -untapped-resource/

Shale Gas: China's Untapped Resource

JUN 13, 2013

Jack Perkowski ,CONTRIBUTOR

When I met recently with a senior investment officer from China Investment Corporation (CIC), the country’s sovereign wealth fund, I was told that CIC is very bullish on the United States. Why? In CIC’s opinion, the existence of large shale gas reserves in the U.S. will provide a massive shot in the arm for the country’s large but mature economy — kind of a modern-day energy equivalent to the deus ex machina in Greek literature.

If that is the case, then an equally bullish case can be made for China on the basis of its shale gas reserves alone. The U.S. Energy Information Administration estimates that China has total reserves of 1,275 trillion cubic feet of shale gas, almost 50 percent more than the 862 trillion cubic feet in the U.S., and more than that in the U.S. and Canada combined.

----------------  It is really funny why China need so much trillions of US toilet papers.  China can monetize her shale gas reserve in the future and use it to improve the manufacturing productivty.  China should keep the oil that is currently being produced, in the ground and focus on shale gas.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-9-13 01:23:28 |Display all floors
THE QUESTION THAT CHINA MUST ANSWER IS, WHERE ON EARTH DID HALF A TRILLION OF THE COUNTRY'S FOREIGN CURRENCY RESERVES GO TO, AND WHERE ON EARTH DID HALF A TRILLION OF EXPORT ORDERS VANISH TO?

THEORY WON'T DO.  DON'T QUOTE "REFORM", "OPENING UP", "GROWTH BY CONSUMPTION", "RE-STRUCTURING THE ECONOMY", AND SO FORTH . . . REAL MONEY GOES INTO THE POCKETS OF REAL PEOPLE, SO IF YOU ARE SPENDING IT, YOU SHOULD KNOW WHO GOT IT AND WHERE THEY ARE . . . AND IF YOU DON'T, THEN HOW ABOUT YOURSELF?

WHO GOT THE ONE TRILLION DOLLARS THAT BELONGS TO THE CHINESE PEOPLE?  WHO?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.