Author: lissahan

What do you think of girls of about 25 never have a boyfriend? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2003-11-20 00:10:31 |Display all floors

This is an ASIAN PHENOMENON

Dear Lissahan,

Sorry for this, but I know many asian girls who live here in Europe, and many of them did not have aboy friend so far. I always wondered about it. May be this is because of the protection by their parents? At least this is the difference that I see between their home and the home situation of north european girls. But nevermind... :)

Helge
from Hamburg, Germany

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-11-20 03:38:09 |Display all floors

yes

Having been married my experience suggests that age and readiness are poorly correlated. In fact women who establish themselves first over come a  tendency to  lose themselves in an "I though" identity . This means that females sometimes come to define themselves in terms of how those connected to them are doing (girl friends,boyfriends,parents,children,husbands etc.) As a man I was was slow to learn there was anyone out  there. Thats called the "I" principle of males. (from a paper written in 1980's at Stone Center--Harvard Univ.)  Millimon may be correct  in Western culture but even here in many subgroups he's wrong....deviance from your groups values is a warning.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-11-20 11:42:42 |Display all floors

lissahan

My advice is, don't settle for less than you want.  I see nothing wrong with having high standards.  

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-11-22 20:41:50 |Display all floors

My parents forbid me to fall in love with anyone before I complete my education

I often comfort myself that:
Haste brings no good. Hopefully an improved and mature ME could deserve a better man.........Who knows .

Take it easy, if only you know you are getting better, the future of your love world is bright.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-11-23 10:21:18 |Display all floors

I agree with some of you

I am a boy but not a man,i have the similar feeling like lissahan's.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-11-24 05:17:35 |Display all floors

Are you kidding me?It's unbelievable.

I really can't imagine a girl like that unless she is a nun.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-11-25 15:30:33 |Display all floors

Try to know more people

In my opinion, you can go out to take part in some activities such as travel with others who can know from internet, u know there are many invitations of trip from www.ctrip.com. After that you can know more friends and enjoy travelling as well. Even more, you can also have Blind Date!!  Heee...

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.