Author: minime

Chinese man and foreign girl [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2004-9-1 16:52:14 |Display all floors

Don't worry

My dear Chinese Yang, don't worry.  I always put my husband first.  
He has a great sense of humour and he does not really mind.  He just tells my friend what a 'man' he is!  
If it really upset him of course I would say something.  British girls are not that horrible.  
Also one thing in the uk is that people always joke about sex - Chinese coming here may find it difficult but this is culture difference.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-9-30 06:31:42 |Display all floors

So Littlecat...

Do you have some eligible girl friends that you can introduce to this Chinese gentleman? I am 5'10" 165lb, little Jack is about 6 1/2" hanging a bit to the right, easily excited and loves to bop greetings to a slim, blonde hair blue eyed English young lady.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-9-30 09:52:24 |Display all floors

a western girl's opinion

I'm an American girl and have been here about one month. I definitely did not come here as a means to meet sexually exciting men. We have been fed the stereotype in the Western world that Chinese men are a bit intense but not sexually impressive (i.e. "down there"). I came for the experience-- a new culture, some independence, a little adventure. I'm aware that what I've seen in movies/jokes in at home is just a stereotype and I'm sure that Chinese men are as diverse physically and mentally as Western men. I'm not actively seeking but I would date a Chinese guy if he was taller than me and was a good, interesting man.
I am put off by the idea that a Chinese man would assume I was "loose" just because in the West women are more encouraged to be aware of and unafraid of their sexuality. That's not to say we are irresponsible but "purity" and "goodness" does not only come in the form of virginity. I would not be interested in a man who didn't understand this or was close-minded to new ideas.
I think it would be difficult to date a Chinese man because I'm very independent, I say what I believe, and our cultures might be irreconcilably different. My Chinese friends have said it would be easy to find a Chinese boyfriend because I'm different and "pretty" in a Western way. I'm taller than alot of Chinese men and I'm fatter than alot of Chinese girls, though at home I wouldn't be considered fat or tall at all. Others have said it would be near impossible because I make more money than most of the guys my age. Who knows though. If I meet one and we fall for each other I think it'd be a good thing.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-9-30 11:19:58 |Display all floors

Warm Regards & Best Wishes

GOOD  LUCK!! & ENJOY  YOURSELVES  IN  CHINA!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-9-30 17:53:37 |Display all floors

lol...

I think you're OVERLY concentrating on physical things. I'm a Chinese and I used to date with a girl from Poland. She's bigger in size than most Chinese girls, but VERY sweet, romantic and tolerant. And she's the first one who said to me "you're such a nice boy". None of my Chinese ex-girlfriends has said this to me before, actually one of them was complaining all the time that I'm too hairy and the other prefers skinny men. According to my experience, I don't think Chinese girls are good friends for life, because life does NOT only contain eating, sex, housework, endless nagging, having babies or blah blah blah. I'm sure everybody needs something more spirutual.

Seems to me, Chinese don't really care about one's personality which is VITALLY IMPORTANT in a relationship. Either tall or short, big or small, fat or thin, can be attached to each other if you're attracted spiritually.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-9-30 20:08:47 |Display all floors

agree!

I totaly agree with u!
Chinese don't really care about one's personality which is VITALLY IMPORTANT in a relationship. Either tall or short, big or small, fat or thin, can be attached to each other if you're attracted spiritually.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2004-10-1 04:14:22 |Display all floors

Reply: a western girl's opinion

Hi Carrie,

Welcome to China. Good luck and have fun with your adventure and searching for the great guy. Are you in Beijing? Are you here for business?
I have been in the US for years to study engineering. After I graduated, I worked as system designer for several system integration companies and traveled extensively in the US. I have learned and enjoyed western culture especially that in the North America. Yet I have kept and valued certain Chinese and Eastern culture. Such as that I do not use drugs and alcohol as I have seen ruin so many lives in US. I rather been humble than cocky; and prefer being quiet and logical than loud and obnoxious; I believe in the Eastern philosophy of scholarship rules, education elevates mindset and social status. When it comes to women and romance, I firmly believe in Women rights and I understand western women are open minded and in general loyal to their maid and family. I find my self very attracted to white girls and I have since only dated them due to my preference of Caucasian women’s facial feature and physiques. I prefer my girl slim yet curvy, active and strong like myself; I cannot stand the small skinny fragile girls as most Chinese girls. But that just my own preference, probably is not the norm of majority of Chinese men. I do not mind if my girl friend or wife makes more money than I do, as long as we are truly equal in our mutual respect and expectation. I do not like the power trip games that some couple play – the one who makes more money will order the other around. Independent thinking, self-sufficient financially and economically make both partners more attractive and desirable in a cooperative partnership in my opinion.

Jack.
dcandyland@excite.com

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.