Views: 9777|Replies: 67

China, I Understand Your Pain, But It's Time to Move On From Japan Apology   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-8-15 08:49:45 |Display all floors
This post was edited by middleway at 2015-8-15 09:03

China, I've been a big supporter with the whole apolgy issue with Japan. But I think, 70 years later, we have reached a turning point, andit's time to move on.

Your over analysis of Abe's speech is bordering on psychopathic neurosis. Guys, seriously, come on, it's time to move on.

Yes, perhaps Abe isn't apologising in exactly the way you want him to. Yes, perhaps he isn't being completely 100% sincere. But one thing he does have a point about, it was 70 years ago. I know it was bad, I know it was extremely painful, I know they did some horrible terrible unspeakable things, I understand, I sypathise, as does the entire world. But the only way forward is to move on. If you truly want to take another giant step in your development, show the world that you have grown up and are becoming an adult nation and not still an emotional teenager, bite your tongue, suck it in, and move on, it's the only way we get over these things.

I once had a Japanese girlfriend who lied and cheated on me, dumped me and never apologised for it. I spent years chasing an apology, to the point where it became such a long time ago that I ended up embarrassing myself realising that I had become obsessed. I wanted revenge, I wanted her to get down on her knees and confess everything. I ended up becoming this creepy obsessive guy that she just become confused and scared of, just because I wanted that apology for all the hurt she put me through, whilst she just seemed to have this happy carefree life and didn't understand or care (plus she was a lot wealthier than me and my life was a struggle at the time). She never understood, she never apologised. And at the end of the day, the only option remaining for me was to put it in the past, stop talking about it, stop bringing it up constantly, and move on with my life. I think part of the reason she never apologised was because she knew the pain she had caused me and was too scared to confront it, just didn't want to deal with it. I learnt to accept this after many years and I calmed down, even feeling a little sorry for her for being unable to express her feeling properly. She may apologise properly to me one day, she may never, but either way I have turned a corner, grown up and learnt to be the better person.

Now I've moved on with my life and I've never been happier. It's time for you to do the same China. I really really really really hope thatit is not some sneaky political distraction that you are still focussing on the past with Japan. I mean, if you really want to go there you are entering dangerous territory, we don't want to go down that sensitive road we are still not allowed to mention, things such as cultural revolutions and other events that haven't been fully dealt with yourselves, the fact that more people have died in peacetime from your own hands in the time since Japan invaded during wartime, I won't mention any more of this because that is something we don't talk about yet and one day far into the future when you have become a fully developed nation you will have to deal with. Believe me, like the Japan issueyou are focussing on now, these things don't go away.

Again, I'm not condoning any of Japan's actions, they were terrible, incredibly bad, unspeakable crimes. But, China, show us you are developing, develop the skills and maturity to move on from the past.

You know, I have to be honest here as well, and I think China you need to have a bit of a look at yourself and be honest too. I think you area little jealous of Japan. I mean, it is understandable, and don't be afraid to admit it. They hurt you deeply as a nation, and then prospered to become awealthy, clean, developed, and one of the advanced nations on earth whilst maintaining all of their natural beauty and history. Whilst China to this day,whilst making much progress in leaps and bounds recently, is a bit of a giant mess of a nation at the moment with some incredible problems still to overcome, a lot of your history destroyed and smashed to the ground, overpopullation, pollution, corruption, the list goes on. I can understand how this can make youfeel a little envious. It does seem a little unfair. But that's the reality, China is a huge country with some incredible problems to overcome in thefuture. it is a struggle, and it is going to be a struggle for a few generations yet I feel. It may even get worse before it gets better. But, like myself working through the pain and anger and the struggle of getting over my ex Japanese girlfriend, it's a journey you are simply going to have to take I'm afraid.There is no easy way around it, no shortcuts, no cutting corners. And I can also tell you from experience, constantly going back to the ex girlfriend,shouting at her, demanding an apology, complaining, getting angry, NEVER ONCE did it solve my problem and make me feel better. NEVER ONCE did it achieve anything at all. Only when I simply got on with my life did I start to feel better.

Finally, a word on Japan. Something that never getsmentioned in China when the non-apology gets brought up. The fact that Japan did get their punishment. Let us not forget that Japan had 2 atomic bombs dropped over 2 cities of innocent civilians that had nothing to do with the attrocities being committed by the Japanese soldiers overseas. They got their punishment. And believe me, the message was understood. It knocked the wind out of them. You know, it kind of makes me sick to constantly demand an apology from a nation that had 2 atomic bombs dropped on them as a punishment, it just feels wrong. Even if they haven't apologised properly, it just feels wrong to me, makes me ill in the stomach. I really do believe that they are still shell shocked from this after all these years, they don't speak about the past because the atomic bombs were such an unbelievably horrific event for them it's too painful to return too and they are still working through it themselves and learning to deal with it. They are scarred. No other nation has had to deal with such a single horrific act.

Perhaps this Tianjin explosion happening at the same time as Abe's recent speech was some kind of omen? It is a terrible tragedy, but perhaps it happened to help push China forward in it'sdevelopment, to realise and understand that if you could magnify that explosion and make it so big that it in fact destroyed the entire city of Tianjin, and then another city, you can then see that Japan did get their punishment, and help you to see a few points of view from their eyes also. That's what happened to them. A bit of perspective. How would you react? Japan has since become submissive, quiet, over polite, hard working, as a result of the shame and embarrasment they caused and also the shock of the bombs. Yes, a few issues of the past they haven't dealt with properly, but constantly hammering them about it wont bring about change, it's their journey to take, like China has to take it's own journey, it just shows insecurity.

You want to take that next step China. Be the bigger person. It's time to move on. Success as a nation and joining the developed world is the only way forward from this point. No looking back. You've made your point on Japan, we all get it, we all understand. Now leave it alone, don't go back to the old girlfriend who screwed you over, look forward to better things. That's what I believe, then you will show the world that you really are become an adult player in the world. And also, you will find yourselves becoming a happier and wealthier nation also. And the world will respond by helping you.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-8-15 09:28:17 |Display all floors
country is unique but boundary is changing ..
from china's five thousand years of history . Chinese know the importance of peace and that's why china continuously keep an close eye on Japan.
China has moved on .Japan still not if they don't face this period of history .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-8-15 09:41:17 |Display all floors
BULLSHIT!

Should the Holocaust be forgotten, and should German apology for the incineration of six million Jews end, simply because they were forgiven?  Be informed, forgiveness is CONTINGENT ON REPENTANCE, and dislike for an apology for something like 35 million Chinese murdered in cold blood is not repentance, but PRETENDED REPENTANCE.

IF JAPAN WANTS TO BE FORGIVEN ONCE AND FOR ALL TIMES, THEY PAY UP IN FULL FOR THE LIVES AND FORTUNES THAT JAPAN DESTROYED IN CHINA AND KOREA, OR ELSE, SHUT UP ABOUT YOUR BEING TIRED OF APOLOGIZING.  YOUR APOLOGIES ARE CHEAPER THAN PAYING FOR WHAT YOU ROBBED THE CHINESE AND KOREAN PEOPLE OF, SO BE HAPPY THAT A YEARLY APOLOGY SUFFICES FOR THE GOOD HEARTED CHINESE AND KOREANS.

Your vilifying the Chinese as vengeful ghosts is but reflective of your own bias against Chinese.  Ask Japan to pay in full, now, or shut up.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-8-15 09:47:53 |Display all floors
that is undeveloped talking Dacarys, like we are still stuck in pre WW2 era, sorry buddy to give it to you straight. Japan is not a threat, they are a highly developed advanced and peaceful nation, they are as much a threat to the world as Australia is! They don't think in this old way, no developed nation does, you need to understand this. Time for China to grow up on this issue I believe, Japan is only fearful of you because you are still a highly emotional and unstable country at the moment, not yet fully developed. What's the threat of Japan you are worried about, that they will invade you again?? This is 2015!

Again, I'm not defending Japan for their past actions, only saying what need to happen today. I want to help China move forward, to advance your thinking on this issue to the next level and not be stuck in the same place constantly. Change must come from China first, not Japan, that's what you need to accept and realise. Japan will deal with it's issues.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-8-15 09:51:08 |Display all floors
middleway Post time: 2015-8-15 09:47
that is undeveloped talking Dacarys, like we are still stuck in pre WW2 era, sorry buddy to give it  ...

IF YOU GET "TIRED OF FEELING SORRY FOR MURDERING" 35 MILLION INNOCENT CHINESE AND KOREANS, THEN YOU ARE NOT REALLY SORRY, HYPOCRITE.

LISTEN TO THE DEVIL SPEAKING OF KINDNESS TO HIM SO HE WON'T HAVE TO SAY HE IS SORRY EVER AGAIN.

GO TO HELL!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-8-15 09:55:45 |Display all floors
ok Abracus, you can keep getting emotional and angry about the situation. How does that solve the situation? And why aren't you angry about the millions of Chinese that have died from your own hands since? Why aren't you asking for an apology from your own leaders and full compensation? Again, I don't want to go down that dangerous path because you are not ready to talk about that yet. My point is, yes perhaps Japan is still not being sincere and properly apologising, but how are you going to deal with it? How are you going to deal with it China? How are you going to deal with it Abramicus? Are you going to shout and scream and throw a tantrum and spill all your hatred everywhere? Or are you going to step up as a nation and decide to grow up, become mature and move on. Yes, you were screwed over, but what are you going to do China? How are you going to play this card in the future?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-8-15 10:08:47 |Display all floors
middleway Post time: 2015-8-15 09:55
ok Abracus, you can keep getting emotional and angry about the situation. How does that solve the si ...

JUST APOLOGIZE EVERY YEAR ON THE ANNIVERSARY OF THE SURRENDER OF JAPAN ON AUGUST 14, 1945, AND YOU AND YOUR JAPANESE SPONSORS WILL BE FORGIVEN.

GET TIRED OF APOLOGIZING?

WONDERFUL, PAY YOUR DEBT IN LIVES AND FORTUNES IN FULL, AND YOU WILL RECEIVE YOUR PERPETUAL FORGIVENESS.  THAT IS FAIR.  WHY SHOULD THE VILLAIN GET AWAY WITH 35 MILLION MURDERS WITHOUT PAYING FOR HIS CRIMES?  BECAUSE HE IS BACKED BY ANOTHER VILLAIN?  TSK, TSK, BIRDS OF THE SAME VILLAINOUS, BLOODY FEATHERS, FLOCK AND ARE STUCK TOGETHER.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.