Author: ananzi

GO-GO Americans [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2003-10-31 21:25:38 |Display all floors

I think so!

I have an american teacher  who values time as life, though he is very old now. I think it's because the tradition and the culture that foster this kind of American concept of time.

But just yesterday I learnt from my textbook that some Americans are also very lazy and living on the welfare system. So every society has some rebels and exceptions.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-11-8 05:22:43 |Display all floors

Depends on your location!

Hi.. I live in the south Central part of the US.  We tend to move pretty slow around here and enjoy our leisure time.  When I've visited the large cities in the US, like NY, Dallas, San Francisco.. etc, I noticed that everyone's lives did run in fast motion. I just figured that most large cities world wide ran the same way.. they all ran like "time was money".  But, if you ever visit the more southern parts of the US.. the smaller towns, you will find that people work when they need to work, but live and enjoy life in a slower motion when work is done.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-11-8 22:11:25 |Display all floors

generally agree!

I generally agree that Americans rush around in a hare! Shoot, if you were in debt up to your ears and your life is spent trying to maintain your stasis, then you run the rat race! I think you have to be clever to avoid this, because it is very difficult to have a simple life in the US! Work, work, work!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-11-9 14:02:11 |Display all floors

THANKS

Dear All,

Thanks for your instruction !!    ^_^

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.