Author: SherrySongSHSF

Ling's arrest a vital lesson for officials   [Copy link] 中文

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2015-7-25 11:29:55 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-7-25 17:24:00 |Display all floors
huaqiao Post time: 2015-7-25 10:36
What is real democracy? How many "occupy central protesters" vs "anti-occupy central protesters" w ...

What is "real democracy" - something akin to the oposite way that China is governed at the moment. How many protesters of different shades were there - I don't know, too many thousands to count, and from the heavy handed reaction of the HK government the number of occupy central protesters far outweighed their opposition. The impact on the HK economy during the protests was likely considerable but one can't make an omelette without breaking eggs. I believe that the revolutions in Russia, USA, and France for example also involved a great deal of economic disturbance. Why was this path chosen ? Clearly for people across the spectrum of HK society to show by their physical presence that they were opposed to Beijing's fake democratic reforms and wished to tell "the emperor far away" as well as the world as a whole their bold opposition to "non-real democracy".

Form your own conclusions from these points.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-7-26 11:08:56 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2015-7-25 11:29
I did, my friend.

This is what you wrote:

You need to read it as a whole. I main point is that the protest has done more harm than good to Hong Kong. Furthermore, there could be instigators. My question to you is how you could link this to corruption. You need to look at it on a case by case basis.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2015-7-26 11:15:41 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-7-26 11:28:03 |Display all floors
Newtown Post time: 2015-7-25 17:24
What is "real democracy" - something akin to the oposite way that China is governed at the moment. ...

You : "What is "real democracy" - something akin to the oposite way that China is governed at the moment."

Me: "Something akin" is not good enough. If you want to fight for something, you need to be sure of what it really is or mean. Otherwise, there could be a great dissapointment. In my opinion, students are students. They are idealistic, full of energy and easily swayed. Some could even use this as an excuse to escape class, flirt with girls, chill out and have a good time.

You: "The impact on the HK economy during the protests was likely considerable but one can't make an omelette without breaking eggs."

Me: Hard boiled egg is also egg and you don't have to break it

You: "Clearly for people across the spectrum of HK society to show by their physical presence that they were opposed to Beijing's fake democratic reforms and wished to tell "the emperor far away" as well as the world as a whole their bold opposition to "non-real democracy"."

Me: Whether Beijing"s democracy is "fake" or not depends on the definition of democracy and what is true democracy.

Another thing I want to add is if you look around at all the "democratic" countries in the world, there is no "one-size-fits-all" democracy. Yet, human rights activists do not come down hard on them. So why China?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-7-26 11:42:46 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2015-7-26 11:15
Once again -0 perhaps unbeknownst to yourself! - you make it abundantly clear that all you care  ...

You are sounding a bit irrational here.

You: "Do Chinese ever care for anything else? For people? For hearts? For the elderly? For the cghildren? For human rights? For the arts? I think not."

Me: There are good and bad people everywhere. If you watch the news, there are investigative reporters that highlight the incidents that you have mentioned. If all chinese are as you claim to be, there wouldn't be such news at all. We are all normal people and very much alike but we have different lifestyles. If you come here and measure the chinese with your own yardstick, that will cause a lot of complications.

You: "The HK student protestors have my syumpathy for objecting to the oligarchic dictatorship that rules Hong Kong with the perverse connivance of the CPC - which, ironically, is fighting corruption at an all-time level in its own ranks!"

Me: Isn't it good news that the chinese governmrnt is fighting corruption? There are many corrupted governments in the world but nothing is done about their corruption. More likely, they are covering it up. I sympathise with the students too but for the reason that they are being used.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-7-26 14:03:43 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.