Author: SherrySongSHSF

Ling's arrest a vital lesson for officials   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-8-8 11:22:14 |Display all floors
This post was edited by pnp at 2015-8-8 17:33
Newtown Post time: 2015-8-5 17:44
I paused,I thought that it could be "nice" then I imagined all of those HK demostrators thinking t ...

I know where you are coming from. Your stay in China has not been a waste of time; you have learned from the Chinese how to speak in an oblique manner, saying just the opposite of what's on your mind!  You want me to acknowledge the legacy of the British in HK, a good clean civil service, the legal system, etc. Yes, I agreed they had run HK very well, and without democracy too! That's the point you either missed or refused to acknowledge, ie. that you don't need to have democracy to run a city or country well, certainly no need for your so-called 'real democracy'!  What is needed is good governance, not 'real democracy' as the West knows it!  So why the angst over lack of 'real democracy'?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-8-8 11:42:06 |Display all floors
This post was edited by pnp at 2015-8-8 17:30
Newtown Post time: 2015-8-5 17:44
I paused,I thought that it could be "nice" then I imagined all of those HK demostrators thinking t ...

I imagined all of those HK demostrators thinking that this would be not so nice.'

Get your facts right man, those HK demonstrators are a very tiny minority, they certainly don't represent Hong Kongers. They have their own short-sighted agenda, egged on by foreigners!
You have deliberately overlooked the mass protests against the demonstrators,  by the ordinary folks and bussiness people who want to get back to a normal life! That's what matters to all sane Hong Kongers!

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2015-8-9 20:56:00 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2015-8-9 21:00:27 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-8-10 11:01:18 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2015-8-9 21:00
Perhaps you do not understand that a rising standard ofg living fills people with the desire to  ...

'But Hongkongers are more politically aware, ..'

If that is true, why didn't they protest about democracy all through the 150 or so years under British rule, when they were denied their democratic rights, when their rulers were imposed on them from London?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-8-10 13:54:42 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.