Author: voice_cd

Final vote of the blog contest   [Copy link] 中文

Elite Member

Snowipine

Glod Medal Blogger of 2013

Post time 2015-7-20 20:50:23 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2015-7-20 15:34
After 18 years in China I have given hope of getting my Chinese anywhere near good!

You could hav ...

I got it.

Language is a double-edged sword. How to use it correctly require know-hows and skills.

Thanks for your explaining. And I say "Chinese" here is to say we as players need more tolerance judging from the capabilities of the users in using one's own mother tongue and foreign language.

You must have admirable Chinese Language foundation, but I don't think I can't understand what you are trying to say, even you are using ancient Chinese when you communicating with me.

Language's vital function is for bridging the gap between peoples for a common good future, it's not for show off or belittle others, I think.

Use magic tools Report

Elite Member

Snowipine

Glod Medal Blogger of 2013

Post time 2015-7-20 21:04:15 |Display all floors
canadian45 Post time: 2015-7-20 11:44
I have to say English is the strangest language, even i am using it right now. ?   Why is there  a ...
I have to say English is the strangest language, even i am using it right now. ?   Why is there  a period and a question mark?

Even though I am not good at English writing right now, but I can sense the temperature of the bathing water what I am using daily, too hot or too cool is not suited to my earthling body.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-7-20 23:48:10 |Display all floors
very good website

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2015-7-21 06:10:12 |Display all floors
snowipine Post time: 2015-7-20 20:50
I got it.

Language is a double-edged sword. How to use it correctly require know-hows and skills. ...

One big difference between Chinese and English is that if you make mistakes in English most people will still understand what you are trying to say, in Chinese most will not understand what you are trying to say

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2015-7-21 06:11:24 |Display all floors
snowipine Post time: 2015-7-20 21:04
Even though I am not good at English writing right now, but I can sense the temperature of t ...

Please ignore the Canadian and his pedantic corrections, his corrections are not always correct!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-7-21 10:51:29 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2015-7-21 06:10
One big difference between Chinese and English is that if you make mistakes in English most people ...

Agreed, and that's why I wote my thread, 'Foreign broadcasters should pronounce Chinese names correctly'! They often got the tones wrong and therefore the names wrong!
Chinese broadcasters are smarter; knowing they can't pronounce foreign names correctly, they give those foreigners Chinese names, like AoBama for Obama!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-7-21 11:32:18 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2015-7-21 10:51
Agreed, and that's why I wote my thread, 'Foreign broadcasters should pronounce Chinese names corr ...

On CCTV Internationsl there is a long serving Western presenter called Edwin Maher, his Chinese pronunciation is a joke, how he has kept his job so long beats me!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.