Views: 2727|Replies: 14

THE GREEK PARLIAMENT MAY NOT APPROVE AUSTERITY REJECTED BY REFERENDUM! [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-7-14 15:03:58 |Display all floors
This post was edited by abramicus at 2015-7-14 15:08

The people of Greece have spoken - "NO, to the austerity demands of the Troika" - on July 5, 2015.

As a democracy, the Parliament of Greece may not contradict the will of the people expressed officially in a referendum, because their authority derives from the people, not from their offices or their persons.

If the Parliament approves the Bailout Treaty's austerity provisions, then it is in violation of its constitutional duty to the people, and its acts become automatically null and void.  

Only another referendum can reverse what the last referendum has mandated - NO AUSTERITY MEASURES, PERIOD!!!

VOX POPULI, VOX DEI!!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-7-14 16:20:50 |Display all floors
Greece is in the midst of an LBO by its own government, selling off the assets of the nation to foreign creditors, daringly carried out against the opposition of the majority vote of the shareholders (voters in the recent referendum), on the weight of their office and persons, which no matter how high in managerial position, cannot reject the majority shareholder vote, nor expropriate the shareholders in favor of creditors.

The sooner the Greeks realize there is no hope once they accept the burden of another 86 billion euros of debt on top of their 354 billion euros of existing debt, but to sell off their country piece by piece, they will throw their so-called representatives out, and start printing their own currency, the Drachma, which can be converted into Euro-equivalents and redeemed in the future in Drachmas based on any new Drachma exchange rate, which ensures the purchasing power of Drachma deposits willl not be affected by currency depreciation or by inflation.

Say Yes to Sovereignty, Say No to Austerity and Slavery!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-7-14 16:35:53 |Display all floors
Euros are only needed for imports, while Euro-equivalents would suffice to replace the Euro in holding the value of the Drachmas deposited in Greek banks.

But, why import from Europe when similar products can be imported for much less money from South Korea, Taiwan and China?

If Greece needs to import, it can satisfy its needs by earning Wons, Yuans and Rubles, or borrowing them, which would be relatively easy to do.  What is the big deal about Greece "needing" the Euro?  The Euro zone rather will need Greece more, once Greeks makes its PIVOT TO ASIA, and imports from the East in volume.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-7-15 13:42:32 |Display all floors
This post was edited by abramicus at 2015-7-15 13:43

A LEADER WHO SURRENDERS TO THE ENEMIES OF HIS PEOPLE IS NO LONGER THE LEADER OF HIS PEOPLE, BUT A SERVANT OF ITS ENEMIES.

WHAT RIGHT DOES HE HAVE TO CONTINUE TO ACT AS THEIR LEADER, AS IF HE HAD NEVER SURRENDERED TO THE ENEMY?

WHAT RIGHT DOES HE HAVE TO FIRE HIS MINISTERS WHO REMAIN STEADFAST AND FAITHFUL TO THE PEOPLE WHO ELECTED THEM TO OFFICE?  HE SHOULD HAVE RESIGNED THE MOMENT HE CAPITULATED, BECAUSE HIS CAPITULATION IN NO WAY REPRESENTS THE CAPITULATION OF THE GREEK PEOPLE.  THE GREEK PEOPLE HAVE NEVER SURRENDERED.  HE SHOULD HAVE REMAINED IN BRUSSELS, THEY ARE HIRING GREEK BUTLERS, WHO ARE PAID IN EUROS.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-7-15 14:04:39 |Display all floors
Ἢ τὰν ἢ ἐπὶ τᾶς
Spartan women tell their sons who go to battle, "Come back with your shield or on it!"

Clearly, Greece does not have a Spartan leader.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-7-15 14:23:33 |Display all floors
You must have invested a lot on slippery Joe

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-7-15 15:10:20 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2015-7-15 14:23
You must have invested a lot on slippery Joe

I saw through his acting long ago, not a Drachma!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.