Author: abramicus

FOR WHOM THE GREEKS TOIL . . . [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-7-13 04:38:26 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-7-13 04:58:29 |Display all floors
canadian45 Post time: 2015-7-12 22:38
Rolling debt (issue new bonds and pay back maturing debt) is normal financing of all countries. Why  ...

1) The new debt Greece got had much lower interest rate than Greece had before. They are also very long bonds. Greece's next payback time is 2022.

2) Of course they kept adding new debt. Almost all Eurozone countries are running deficit.

A country can keep adding debt without any problems as long as the GDP of the country grows faster than accumulated debt.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-7-13 11:16:07 |Display all floors
mixamixa Post time: 2015-7-13 04:58
1) The new debt Greece got had much lower interest rate than Greece had before. They are also very ...

"A country can keep adding debt without any problems as long as the GDP of the country grows faster than accumulated debt."

and that's where the ROT is visible for ALL to see.

Imagine your spouse would siphon so much of your income to safe haven accounts that you had to beg banks for funds to continue your business and feed your children.

But elected officials, abroad and at home turned a blind eye AND are still doing so.
How many have gone to jail for Evading taxes during the Greek saga?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-7-13 11:29:43 |Display all floors
Self reliant.

Self reliant seems missing.

Plato and Aristotal will roll in their graves.

I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2015-7-13 12:41:09 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-7-13 14:15:21 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2015-7-13 12:41
The question should be answered by YOU, Dea:rie. I do not sympathise with those fat and arrogant ...

a shameful answer you got there matey

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-7-13 14:34:47 |Display all floors
Usury, using the lending of money to make money, creates nothing of value, and should not be considered "normal" even if it s practiced everywhere.  It is what we could call the NORMAL ABNORMAL.  China worked its way out of poverty and rejected debt slavery.  The source of all consumption is PRODUCTION.  An economy that runs of consumption rather than production is a bully's economy, and a parasite, not something that China wants to or should ever be.

The new economics of China's monetary authorities is based on CONSUMPTION, which puts the cart before the horse.  Economics uses equations with little regard for the rules of its syntax.  The fact is that many variables are NOT always commutative or associative, and without proper time and location indexing, are not even reflexive.  Thus, economists can lie with EQUATIONS and GRAPHS to project whatever they want.  The most important variable in China's economy is the Yuan/Dollar Exchange Rate that is set by the PBOC.  It determines the competitiveness of Chinese products compared to foreign products, abroad when priced in dollars, and also at home when priced in yuans, and overvaluation of the Yuan is equivalent to raising the price of all Chinese products sold abroad and at home, to the point they cannot sell against foreign competitive products.  It ensures the collapse of the Chinese economy.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.