Author: bfsuleo

Should careless parents be punished for their child's death?   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-7-9 08:54:16 |Display all floors
Sorry for the 3-year old boy' s having so careless parents

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-7-9 10:05:29 |Display all floors
Ever heard of post-natal depression? That is yet another reason some adults kill their infants. I support tougher measures.

There is another dimension in this argument. Tougher laws on infant welfare can discourage the young from promiscuity. At an age where teenagers are immature, they are likely to explore sexual pleasures even if they are aware of the risks. Knowing that the law protects infants could act as a deterrent as they cannot just kill off the infant to eradicate evidence.

It is said that justice should be tempered with mercy. The only argument against introducing stricter laws against careless parents is that the parent might be excessively bereaved. The court ruling and penalty could drive them to suicide due to depression. (especially the mother....)
I suppose this can be circumvented by relaying the guilty verdict not on any one individual (especially the mother) but all adult members of the family as they are all responsible for the Child's welfare . The fine can also be collected at a later date. Or.... the amount can be reduced... IF there is evidence to suggest it is a genuine case.
I still believe .... no mercy for irresponsible parents. The law protects those who cannot protect themselves.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-7-9 11:29:18 |Display all floors
i think the emontion of loss baby is much worse than be punished by law. so sometimes.somethings is not sure dealed with by law. hoping this couple can pull through asap.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-7-9 11:50:26 |Display all floors
In my words,i really can't understand why the partents had left the child in the car for 6 hours.
Is anythings more importanter than take care of the baby.
It's your all.....

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2015-7-9 13:45:07 |Display all floors
Alison J Zhang Post time: 2015-7-8 12:02
As a new mother, I think of my baby every second and worry his safety, both daily care and food.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-7-9 15:19:59 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2015-7-8 21:30
Is it? How do you know?

If they accidentally killed someone else's child, what would the approp ...

but now we are talking about their own kids..  not about someone else ..

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-7-9 15:38:52 |Display all floors
A new face to say hello,here.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.