Author: pnp

Cellphone Addicts A Public Nuisance!   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-6-26 19:17:51 |Display all floors
pnp Post time: 2015-6-26 19:09
I can't do without my cellphone; it's my only means to connect with my friends near and far, but I ...

Interesting opinion here.....Chinese addicts.

I've recently visited our elder daughter who is currently studying an MBA in the USA. When we arrived at her city's airport she had come to pick us up with two of her friends. On our way back to the city I noticed that with the exception of the driver, the rest were all busy sticking their noses into their smartphones.  My daughter, who knows I don't own a mobile phone,  had bought a newspaper for me to read during the trip. One of her friends asked why I didn't read the news in my iPhone or iPad. For once I wish I had had a camera at hand to take a snap shot of the girl's expression.
I think it's a worldwide phenomena this cell phone addiction. Some people might forget to take their home keys when leaving their homes but sure enough they won't exit without their cell phone(s)!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-6-26 19:25:55 |Display all floors
longzhou Post time: 2015-6-26 19:17
Interesting opinion here.....Chinese addicts.

I've recently visited our elder daughter who is cur ...

And talking about reading; I can never read in Starbucks coffeeshop with all the Chinese customers screaming into their cellphones, and at their friends sitting just across the tables!

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2015-6-26 22:23:51 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-6-27 11:30:24 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2015-6-26 11:22
Are you sure, in my early days in China I was stared at wherever I went!

Foreigners don't pick a fight if stared at, but Chinese do!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-6-27 11:38:40 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2015-6-26 22:23
Many employers insist on their employees having a cell phone, or else! I kid you not! The Chines ...

This modern device, the cellphone which the Chinese take to like bees to honey, has created a breed of cellphone addicts, who have lost their ability to communicate face to face. And that applies to their family members too; at the dinner table, everyone is busy with his cellphone! How sad!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-6-27 11:49:09 |Display all floors
Yesterday, I had a pleasant surprise on a crowded subway train at peak hour.  The seats on either side of the aisle were fully occupied by cellphone addicts, all with heads bent down, some even occasionally bursting out in laughter at the movies they were watching!  I was hanging tight to the overhead bar.  Surprsingly, a young lady standing beside me, called out to the young man seated right in front of me to give up his seat to me, which he did!  I thanked both of them, one for her thoughtfulness and courage, and the other for his seat, although he must have given it up reluctantly because he just ignored me before the lady called out to him!
To those who think that Chinese cellphone users are kind and considerate to those in need of a seat, I suggest they think again!

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2015-6-27 16:09:22 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.