Views: 3659|Replies: 5

Warning to anyone thinking of working in China [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-6-20 05:21:05 |Display all floors
beware of fake recruiters, especially at this time of year.
I have been spammed by many: a former employer sold my email address and i am being spammed by fake recruiters who are only after your personal information (passport info etc.)

Some try to offer you work by promising that you can arrive in China to work on an 'F' or 'L' visa, and they claim that they can convert it to the correct visa when you arrive.

this is illegal so do not fall for it.

I can supply a list of so called-fake recruiters who have spammed me over the last month.

Be careful !

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-6-20 20:58:18 |Display all floors
Well, I know there have been some changes but I know when I came a couple of years ago you did not come to China on a Z-visa, the only legal work visa.  There are business visas that you can do business on and make money but to "work" you need a Z-visa and you get that at the local city you work in.  I know some who got it in a different city than where they work but you're not supposed to do that.

By the way, there is no Chinese law limiting age (other than be at least 18) but the local Gestapo will not give you one if you are over 60.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2015-6-20 21:13:24 |Display all floors
Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-5-27 18:08:36 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2015-6-20 21:13
I know your e-mail address is likely to be shared that way.

I think the best is to shame and nam ...

Beijing Magic Education is another fake recruiter.
They don't respond to even the most basic questions on work terms and conditions, and there is no mention of the visa they offer.

these are red flag issues for anyone thinking of working in China.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Medal Gold Medal

Post time 2016-5-28 10:12:15 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2016-5-28 16:43:24 |Display all floors

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.