Views: 370|Replies: 4

Campaign to teach civil servants ancient classics [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-6-16 14:21:09 |Display all floors
Chinese Academy of Governance. [File photo]
Millions of Chinese government officials and civil servants will be asked to learn ancient Chinese classics - or "guoxue" - as part of a patriotic course aimed at boosting their talents and morals.
To prepare for the nationwide education campaign, the Chinese Academy of Governance has published its first series of textbooks on ancient Chinese classics ai ...

--------Click here for more information--------

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-6-16 14:21:10 |Display all floors
Now the question is, 'Will three generations of education or herditary that affect personal characters?'

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-6-16 17:52:32 |Display all floors
Can they read though?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-6-16 18:44:48 |Display all floors
Frankly, it is a dire predicament! On one hand, it is a civlization with not less than five thousand years of recorded human history handed down till today, whose record could trace to verify the happenings today, any time in the past. In her long history, China produced top rulers who dedicated their entire lifetime to serve their people. Today, the same model seems to have lost its shine. Now that China government is initiating the polishing process, time is required to push and make it continuous forever, if possible.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-6-16 18:47:38 |Display all floors
"Different persons growing up in the same language are like different bushes trimmed and trained to take the shape of identical elephants. The anatomical details of twigs and branches will fulfill the elephantine form differently from bush to bush, but the overall outward results are alike." W. V. O. Quine, mathematical logician. "Be not too tame neither, but let your own discretion be your tutor: suit the action to the word, the word to the action; with this special observance, that you o'erstep not the modesty of nature; for anything so overdone is from the purpose of playing, whose end, both at the first and now, was and is, to hold, as 'twere, the mirror up to nature." William Shakespear in Hamlet. Having learned fallacy rejection in 1990 with the CIA as a public teacher, my communication discipline henceforth was to meet the people in their topics, their vocabulary, their ways, anticipating the moment of fair trade when, alas!, I have permission to talk of my topics in my vocabulary with my insights. The moment was never. Yet it matters since fallacy rejection is stronger than the wisdoms of the best police worldwide, so I want to teach police so police can absorb the skills to reject corruption within the force and then without. Learning Aristotle's system, the motives driving events when fallacies happen are greed, embarrassing honest mistakes, and we debate whether world view is part of it. "rejudices, it is well known, are most difficult to eradicate from the heart whose soil has never been loosened or fertilised by education," wrote Charlotte Bronte in Jane. We are guided to see world view as a motive for corruption (or errors that fleetingly seem as such, yet swiftly corrected) yet the binary principle can assert: the events are greed else error, the difference is easy to see, thus the world view is consequent rather than causal, seeing who rejects fallacies to be corrupt, thus is informed. What is friendship? "One soul inhabiting two bodies," wrote Aristotle. Fallacy rejection is causal in relations, letting the rejectors of fallacy rejection [corrupt] voluntarily atrophy, and also, letting the good fallacy rejectors pull together, I learned by implementing Patrick J. Hurley's Concise Introduction to Logic [English as a foreign language] in 1990.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.