Author: admin

German fashion brand under fire for racist slur on Chinese [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-6-16 14:01:01 |Display all floors
That is not a racist statement.  China is not a race, it is a country of 56 ethnic groups.  Many people misinterpret the meaning of the term "racism".  If you say "F**K AMERICA" is that racist?  "F*** You Japan?"  Nope and Nope.  If they said "F**K black people" or "F**K the Japanese" or "F**K the Chinese" is that racist? Yes! I believe many Chinese have been brainwashed with nationalism so much that a criticism of China is a criticism of the actual Chinese people.  I will tell you right now, when the West criticizes China, say for human rights, it is not criticizing the race or individual.  If you can't separate these two ideas in your brain, you may have sat through too much patriotic education.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-6-16 15:05:31 |Display all floors
to voiceofreason2:

Whatever your definition of racism is, it could also mean the insult is directed at all 56 ethnic races of China. That is still racism.You do not know about China and the people very well, it seems. Worse than that is you don't know what is racism.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-6-16 16:52:13 |Display all floors
It may be a derogative and negative slur but it's not racist
I am me and that is something you will never be, no matter how hard you try!!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-6-16 17:23:47 |Display all floors
To Chinese Government

Solution
Bring court charges to the German Fashion Company to compensate for the worst humiliating remarks at US$0.01 x 3 Billion Chinese Population = US$30,000,000. IF cannot pay , sue the whole Board of Directors for bankruptcy and bar them from doing business in China.
Make them write "Very Sorry, China" 3 Billion lines on writing books to teach the hard lesson of respecting China and its people.

James JinFeng - Singapore Chinese.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-6-16 18:28:28 |Display all floors
Nothing racist there.

It's amusing actually.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-6-17 14:16:15 |Display all floors
To: Cdogg:

So why would anyone or any institution want to direct a "derogative and negative slur" at an entire country?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-6-17 14:28:55 |Display all floors
To zangguo:

If someone says "F**k zangguo" or "F**k you" to you, do you find that amusing? Come on, get real!

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.