Author: abramicus

"HOW CAN I TELL HER ABOUT YOU?" - THE AQUINO DILEMMA. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-6-10 19:39:37 |Display all floors

THE CHINA DILEMMA:

NO government in the world recognizes the nine-dashed-line.

Xi: "How can I tell my people about this ?"

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-6-10 20:05:28 |Display all floors
Besides China there are 194 independent Nations on this world.

None of the 194 Nations supports China's claim.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-6-10 20:11:19 |Display all floors
What government prints their questionable territorial claims into the passport of their citizens and exposes them to deep embarrassment with the immigration departments of "relevant" countries ?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-6-11 01:05:26 |Display all floors
This post was edited by abramicus at 2015-6-11 01:07
NgTran Post time: 2015-6-10 19:39
THE CHINA DILEMMA:

NO government in the world recognizes the nine-dashed-line.

Has any Filipino official explained to the Filipino people who Mr. Tomas Cloma was, and how he got the Philippines embroiled in a bogus claim of sovereignty over the Spratly Islands?  Mr. Tomas claimed the islands were not owned by anybody until he "discovered" them, meaning, it was not even owned by the Philippines at that time, in 1956.  So how in the world did the Philippines suddenly come to have inviolable sovereignty over the very same islands Mr. Tomas declared to be his own independent country, called "Freedom Land", that was translated into "Kalayaan" by the Philippine government.  Can a government be a party to petty thievery?  A "Christian" country?  Give the world a break, be honest.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2015-6-11 01:36:01 |Display all floors
seneca Post time: 2015-6-9 13:40
Now the Chinese even seek confrontation with Malaysia off Borneo…

When will they claim the Falk ...

Not that easy, asks the Argies about that one

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-6-11 06:00:05 |Display all floors
abramicus Post time: 2015-6-11 01:05
Has any Filipino official explained to the Filipino people who Mr. Tomas Cloma was, and how he got  ...

I think that everything outside the 200 nm EEC of the Philippines might be negotiable, disputed territory.

Fact is, that Scarborough Shoal and a big part of the Spratlys are within the Philippine EEC and according to international law it grants sovereignty to the Philippines.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-6-11 07:22:15 |Display all floors
This post was edited by abramicus at 2015-6-11 11:22
NgTran Post time: 2015-6-11 06:00
I think that everything outside the 200 nm EEC of the Philippines might be negotiable, disputed te ...

Another BIG FAT LIE.

The UNCLOS does not grant sovereignty to any country based on its EEZ at all.  More so, with respect to islands that are part of another country's sovereign territory, even if they are within naked sight from its coastline, no different from land borders - one cannot claim the land of a neighboring country simply because it is within your line of sight.

Has any Philippine official ever told the Filipino people that EEZ does not confer sovereignty at all, and that since the Spratly Islands were not part of Philippine sovereign territory at the time that Mr. Tomas "discovered" them in 1956, that they still ARE NOT PART OF THE PHILIPPINE'S SOVEREIGN TERRITORY TODAY, even if part of it may be within 200 nm of its coast?

Indeed, the Aquino Dilemma includes this fact, that EEZ never conferred sovereignty on any island to the list of the things he needed to tell his countrymen, so the question should now read, "HOW CAN I TELL HER ABOUT BOTH OF YOU?"  

It is getting more grievous by the day.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.