Author: Caged

Why so many anglophobic threads in an English forum?   [Copy link] 中文

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2015-5-28 04:50:34 |Display all floors
robert237 Post time: 2015-5-27 12:40
An even more perplexing question is why so many posters on this forum who constantly denigrate China ...

Don't forget the people who slag off at the country they live in and don't move to the land they love

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2015-5-28 05:56:50 |Display all floors
Ted180 Post time: 2015-5-28 06:36
I understand many of the "Anglophobes" are reacting to US policies, not English people. And let us r ...
I no longer feel insulted by them. KIyer opened my eyes.

Ted that is gracious of you to say,  but I think there can be victims of the British or USAnian imperialism who can be unjustifiably insulting and offensive. They have to be treated just the same way as offenders from anywhere else.  While some of the offensivemess of the victim cultures is understandable,  all of it is not.
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-5-28 11:42:42 |Display all floors
The editorial policies are not enforced consistently by the moderators and editors managing this forum. There should be more threads and posts on Western countries with no history of colonialism/imperialism such as Nordic Europe, Switzerland, etc. Unfortunately, the anti-USA and anti-British threads tend to dominate thus giving the whole forum an anti-Western slant.

Similarly, the anti-Chinese threads need to be balanced by topics related to East Asia Civilization that are not necessarily politically-motivated or ideologically-colored by anti-CPC tropes.

This is the only way to improve the quality of the threads and posts on this forum which is degenerating into an online asylum.

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member

Post time 2015-5-28 23:42:49 |Display all floors
We  think a regular british basher on here lost his wife to a british man not so long ago........
she was fed up with his vile breath, lack of manners......and dossing on the streets of london...

if you want something in life get off your backside, and do it yourself!! don't rely on others to do it for you

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-5-29 08:53:00 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2015-5-27 16:56
Ted that is gracious of you to say,  but I think there can be victims of the British or USAnian i ...

Well, let's not be so gentlemanly to one-another that the mods think they are in a "dream-world"! But I find most people on this site will be polite.
What's on your mind...

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2015-5-29 11:12:00 |Display all floors
Ted180 Post time: 2015-5-29 10:53
Well, let's not be so gentlemanly to one-another that the mods think they are in a "dream-world"!  ...

We can disagree vigorously Ted. I am sure the mods don't think they are in a dream world. They face nightmares regularly.
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-5-29 12:56:54 |Display all floors
Ted180 Post time: 2015-5-29 08:53
Well, let's not be so gentlemanly to one-another that the mods think they are in a "dream-world"!  ...

One should not object to constructive criticism, but gratuitous insults tend to distract from the subject matter of a thread, unless formulated with an entertaining element in mind..... like the insults from my friend Raton......
The world needs more idiots like me, all the others think they are clever.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.