Author: abramicus

Time for China and Japan to Have a Settling of Accounts - Starting with Potsdam. [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-5-9 16:47:43 |Display all floors
COULD THIS BE THE RIGHT-WING JAPANESE SECRET SUICIDE REVENGE FOR HIROSHIMA AND NAGASAKI?  IF SO, IT WOULD BE A FORM OF NATIONAL SUICIDE ON A SCALE THAT DWARFS A MILLION KAMIKAZE'S AND A HUNDRED HIROSHIMA'S, WHOSE EFFECT WOULD LAST A THOUSAND YEARS!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-5-9 16:54:09 |Display all floors
IF AS THE MAP OF RADIOACTIVE CONTAMINATION OF THE PACIFIC OCEAN SHOWS, THE PACIFIC OCEAN IS TOAST, IS IT ANY WONDER THAT EVERYONE NOW WANTS A PIECE OF CHINA'S MARITIME TERRITORY AND MARINE RESOURCES IN THE SOUTH CHINA SEA THAT THANKFULLY IS 100% SPARED THE MELTDOWN OF JAPAN?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-5-9 17:17:17 |Display all floors
abramicus Post time: 2015-5-9 16:30
IF JUST

IF JUST ONE NUCLEAR PLANT IN FUKUSHIMA HAS ALREADY DONE THIS TO THE PACIFIC OCEAN AND ITS ...

Sorry to bust you here but that graphic has nothing to do with radioactive waters off the Sea of Japan but with the tsunami amplitude modeling done by the U.S.A. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration right after the earthquake that hit Japan.

My graphic is the right one: the Sea of Japan is now contaminated with radioactive water which will definitely affect the food supply of Japan which now has to import not only food but also fuel to replace the shutdown nuclear power plants. For the first time in decades, Japan's trade deficit has worsened for each of the last four years since the tsunami, as shown below:

In other words, Shinzo Abe's QE program to devalue the Yen has backfired because it has worsened Japan's trade deficit even as food and fuel imports flood into the Japanese market. If Shinzo Abe doesn't resolved the Fukushima crisis, then:

No Fukushima. No Japan.

No matter how many overpriced, useless F-35 junk the U.S.A. sells to Japan.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-5-10 07:07:31 |Display all floors
Ha, ha, ha!  Good job!  Disinformation at its best, but knowing the tricks up their sleeves, like that there is no such thing as Climate Change, no such thing as Smoking Causes Cancer, and now, no such thing as Fukushima Radiation Pollution of the Pacific Ocean, the citizens of the world must insist that absence of proof is not proof of absence.  Of course, with the aid of disinformation, they have another line to sell, if the disinformation they put out is not true, then the lie that they put out must be true.  The nuclear industry's survival depends on it!

Regardless of whether your GEOMAR sinulation is true or not, there is hardly any doubt that if Japan wishes to return to its modus operandi as in WWII, grabbing islands off weaker countries, using the nuclear deterrent of its superpower patron, not as a shield, but as a spear, then it will reap what it sows.

The result will be more like the NOAA tsunami than the GEOMAR Cesium simulation map.  If not worse.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-5-10 07:26:59 |Display all floors
sfphoto Post time: 2015-5-9 17:17
Sorry to bust you here but that graphic has nothing to do with radioactive waters off the Sea of J ...

Returning to the topic of this thread,

NO POTSDAM, NO JAPAN!

Why?  Because the Peace that Japan received after WWII is the direct result of the Allied Powers, including China and Russia, honoring their end of deal to hold off delivering to Japan, the alternative to Japan's surrender in accordance with the demands of the Potsdam Proclamation of July 26, 1945, to wit, "instant and utter destruction" which as victims of Japanese aggression, they have every right to execute then, but also thereafter if Japan reneges on its deal to remain de-militarized for all times.

With or without Fukushima, but a hundred times more devastating that Fukushima, the backers of Japanese remilitarization should realize, the blowback from a Japan continuing its path of militarization would be an environmental disaster they cannot block or remedy for another thousand years that is of their own making.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-5-22 14:08:54 |Display all floors
This post was edited by abramicus at 2015-6-1 05:58

URGENT MESSAGE FROM GENERAL YAMASHITA TOMOYUKI TO PRIME MINISTER SHINZO ABE  

While the Western world is awash with the story of how Japanese Marshall Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto, and  Commander-in-Chief of the Combined Fleet of Japan that attacked Pearl Harbor, died in an ambush while flying over Papua New Guinea in a troop inspection tour on April 18, 1943, the Western world is ghastly silent on the death by hanging of the "Tiger of Malaya", General Yamashita Tomoyuki, on February 23, 1946, whose last words to the Japanese people have been denied the light of day, as his nation is being recruited and reshaped into a military power once again, to march to its death for the sake of its new albeit foreign emperor, and whose Pied-Piper-in-Chief, is none other than Mr. Abe.

While Admiral Yamamoto opposed Japan's invasion of China and its attack on America, General Yamashita was quite ready to execute the land invasion of Malaya, and was responsible for routing the 88,000-strong British forces with 20,000 Japanese soldiers, simply by attacking Singapore from land (just as Japan took over Lushun and Weihaiwei, if the British only learned from China's mistakes), to his instantaneous fame in Japan, particularly as he demanded immediate unconditional surrender of the British forces in Singapore in front of flashing cameras.

And yet, as General Yamashita faced the final curtain, he realized that for all the bravado he was taught in absolute obedience to his emperor's orders, the flaw in the Japanese character that led to its near extinction, were it not given the chance to restore civilization to its people through the Potsdam Proclamation of July 26, 1945, was the absence of personal moral judgment of its soldiers and officers, which is exactly the same character flaw that the Abe apologists for Japanese remlitarization are re-creating in the Japanese mind through miseducation of its youth about the aggression of Japan in WWII.

Here is an excerpt of his dictated last message to the Japanese people, Abe should read it - and resign.

GENERAL YAMASHITA'S LAST WORDS TO THE JAPANESE PEOPLE - KICK OUT THE MILITARISTS IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE POTSDAM PROCLAMATION:

"Due to my carelessness and personal crassness, I committed an inexcusable blunder as the commander of the entire [14th Area] Army and consequently caused the deaths of your precious sons and dearest husbands. I am really sorry and cannot find appropriate words for sincere apologies as I am really confused because of my excruciating agony. As the commander of your beloved men, I am soon to receive the death penalty, having been judged by rigorous but impartial law. It is a strange coincidence that the execution is to be carried out on the birthday of the first U.S. president, George Washington.

I do not know how to express my apology, but the time has come to atone for my guilt with my death. However, I do not think that all the crimes for which I am responsible can easily be liquidated simply by my death. Various indelible stains that I left on the history of mankind cannot be offset by the mechanical termination of my life.

For a person like me who constantly faced death, to die is not at all difficult. Of course I should have committed suicide when I surrendered, as ordered by the emperor in accordance with the Japanese code of the samurai. In fact, I once decided to do so when I attended the surrender ceremonies at Kiangan and Baguio, at which General Percival, whom I had defeated [in Singapore], was also present. What prevented me from committing such an egocentric act was the presence of my soldiers, who did not yet know that the war was over at that time. By refusing to take my own life, I was able to set my men free from meaningless deaths, as those stationed around Kiangan were ready to commit suicide. I really felt pain from the shame of remaining alive, in violation of the samurai's code of "dying at the appropriate time in an appropriate place." I therefore can imagine how much more difficult it is for people like you to remain alive and re-build Japan rather than being executed as a war criminal. If I were not a war criminal, I would still have chosen a difficult path, bearing shame to stay alive and atone for my sins until natural death comes, no matter how you all might despise me.

Sun Tzu said 'The art of war is of vital importance to the State. It is a matter of life and death, a road either to safety or to ruin. Hence it is a subject of inquiry which can on no account be neglected.' From these words, we learn that our military forces were lethal weapons and their very existence was a crime. I tried my best to prevent the war. I am really ashamed of having been unable to do so because of my weakness. You may think that I am a born aggressor and a typical militarist, because my campaign in Malaya and the fall of Singapore excited the entire Japanese nation. I understand that this is quite natural. I do not excuse myself, as I was a professional soldier and dedicated myself to the military. But even while being a military man, I also have a relatively strong sense as a Japanese citizen. There is no resurrection any longer for the ruined nation and the dead. From ancient times, war has always been a matter for exceptional prudence by wise rulers and sensible soldiers. It was entirely due to our military authorities' arbitrary decisions, which were made by just a handful of people, that a large number of our people died and the rest of the nation was dragged into its present unbearable suffering. I feel as if my heart will break when I think that we professional soldiers will become the object of your bitter resentment.
I believe that the Potsdam Declaration will wipe out the leaders of military cliques who led the nation to its downfall, and Japan will start rebuilding as a peaceful nation under new leaders elected by the popular will. However, the path of rebuilding the nation will not be easy in the face of many obstacles.

The experience that you went through, enduring various difficulties and poverty in the last ten years of war, will inevitably give you some strength, even though it was as an unwelcome result of pressure from the military authorities. To construct a new Japan, you really must not include militarists who are the relics of the past or opportunistic unprincipled politicians, or scholars patronized by the government who try to rationalize an aggressive war.

Probably some appropriate policies will be adopted by the Allied Occupation Forces. But I would like to say something on this point, as I am just about to die and thus have great concern about Japan's future. Weeds have a strong life force, and grow again when spring comes, no matter how hard they are trodden underfoot. I am confident that, with strong determination for development, you will rebuild our nation now completely destroyed, and make it a highly cultured one like Denmark. Denmark lost its fertile land in Schleswig-Holstein as the result of the German-Denmark War in 1863, but gave up rearming themselves and made their infertile areas into one of the most cultured of European nations. As a ruined people, we repent having done wrong. I will pray for Japan's restoration from a grave in a foreign country.

Japanese people, you have expelled the militarists and will gain your own independence. Please stand up firmly after the ravages of war. That is my wish. I am a simple soldier. Faced with execution in a very short time, a thousand emotions overwhelm me. But in addition to apologizing, I want to express my views on certain matters. I feel sorry that I cannot express myself very well, because I am a man of action, reticent and with a limited vocabulary. The time of my execution is drawing near. I have only one hour and forty minutes left. Probably only convicts on death row are capable of comprehending the value of one hour and forty minutes. I asked Mr. Morita, a prison chaplain, to record these words and I hope he will pass my ideas on to you some day.

Facing death, I have four things to say to you, the people of the nation of Japan as it resurrects.

First, is about carrying out one's duty. From ancient times, this topic has repeatedly been discussed by scholars, yet it remains most difficult to achieve. Without a sense of duty, a democratic and cooperative society cannot exist. Duty has to be fulfilled as a result of self-regulating and naturally motivated action. I feel some misgivings in thinking about this, considering that you are suddenly to be liberated from the social restraints under which you have long lived.

I often discussed this with my junior officers. The moral decay of our military was so grave that the Imperial Code of Military Conduct as well as the Field Service Code were simply dead letters. Therefore, we had to remind people of this all the time, even in the military where obedience was strongly demanded and defying orders was not allowed at all. In this war, it was far from true that officers under my command carried out their duties satisfactorily.

They were unable to fulfill even the duties that were imposed upon them. Therefore I have some concern over your ability to fulfill your duty voluntarily and independently, after being released from long-standing social restraints. I wonder if you'll be dazzled by suddenly bestowed freedom, and whether some may fail to carry out your duty as required in relations with others, as you've received basically the same education as military men. In a free society, you should nurture your own ability to make moral judgments in order to carry out your duties. Duties can only be carried out correctly by a socially mature person with an independent mind and with culture and dignity.  The fundamental reason why the world has lost confidence in our nation, and why we have so many war-crime suspects who left ugly scars on our history, was this lack of morals. I would like you to cultivate and accept the common moral judgment of the world, and become a people who fulfill duties on your own responsibility. You are expected to be independent and carve out your own future. No one can avoid this responsibility and choose an easy way. Only through that path can eternal peace be attained in the world."

So, Japanese militarists who continue to worship General Yamashita at the Yasukuni Shrine, isn't it time for you to RESIGN to save Japan from its next, irreversible and permanent downfall?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-5-31 17:59:50 |Display all floors
This post was edited by abramicus at 2015-5-31 18:29

PELOPONNESIAN WAR . . . PUNIC WAR . . . TO THE PACIFIC WAR?

From a historical perspective, the final attempt by Japan to "leave Asia", i.e., become a Western-style imperial power, ended in failure, to both conquer the rest of Asia as Western powers have previously done, ever since Spain and Portugal went the full nine yards to claim every piece of land and every island as theirs, simply because they were the LAST to discover them, centuries if not thousands of years behind their real Asian discoverers, developers and inhabitants, and to drive out the Western powers that Japan wanted to emulate but which have no real intention of sharing their loot with their unwanted child.

Diaoyudao is a choice cut of sashimi used to bait the Japanese into biting into China's flesh one more time.

Rather than this being the beginning of another era of Japanese militarist dominance in Asia, any realist Japanese patriot could see, beyond the veil of greed and mirage of grandeur, that this last act of violence will terminate its self-appointed job as the executioner of the Chinese people, which even now is supporting the Japanese economy to the tune of hundreds of billions of dollars of forfeited export earnings, through unilateral overvaluation of the Yuan even while Japan is devaluing the Yen.  Diaoyudao, called "Senkaku" by the Japanese, was clearly stolen from China during the Sino-Japanese War of 1894-1895.  It was supposed to be ceded back to China by virtue of the Japanese Instrument of Surrender of 1945 in accordance with the Potsdam Proclamation of 1945 and the Cairo Declaration of 1943.  Instead, it is now being offered to Japan, by its last conqueror, as a prize for serving as the front line invasionary force against China in the next world war.  In this role, Japan now has its historical roles reversed, because in going against a modernized China, Japan will have the proverbial "Chance of a Chinaman" instead.  Japan can be assured that whatever happens to China after its next war with China, Japan will never know the aftermath, for better or for worse.

WWI is not the proper model of the present situation.  Rather, it is the Punic Wars, with Carthage the original dominant naval power, and Rome an emerging power without a navy.  In the course of 118 years, from 264 BC to 146 BC, Rome became the Ancient World's dominant naval power, which in order to prevent another Carthaginian invasion of Rome, finally learned the art of PRO-ACTIVE DEFENSE, which is to remove its implacable enemy not from its own territory, but from the face of the earth itself.  The recent White Paper on Active Defense by China shows the maturing of China as a world power, finally aware that the security of its people and territory depends not only on its ability to defend their persons and property, but fundamentally, on its ability to take the war to its attackers and deliver to them the same destruction that they wished on her.  Rome, under Scipio, finally understood what constitutes its defense needs.

In the First Punic War (264 BC - 241 BC), the land power of Rome overcame the naval power of Carthage, over an island called Sicily.  The Roman Navy was initially soundly defeated in 260 BC at the Battle of Lipari Islands.  Rome then rapidly expanded its navy, and by 241 BC had become the dominant naval power of the Western Mediterranean as well.  Carthage lost Sicily and had to pay Rome an annual indemnity (this, China has not yet achieved, but its First Punic War equivalent with Japan has not yet ended, as Diaoyudao/Senkaku demonstrated).

The Second Punic War (218 BC - 201 BC) saw the re-emergence of Carthage as a land power in Iberia, led by Hannibal, who first took Saguntum, and then crossed the Alps and laid siege to Rome, devastating the Roman army that before was invincible in the fields.  But Rome was supported by its local allies, and the battle for Rome settled into a stalemate where logistical support, rather than field power, was most important.  The success of Rome's defensive strategy owes to the leadership of Fabius Maximus, but it took the talents of Scipio Africanus who learned how to fight the Carthaginians from his base in Hispania, to adopt the same strategy of Hannibal, i.e., to attack the home base of his enemies, just as Hannibal had done to Rome in 218 BC.  And thus, over the objections of Fabius Maximus, Scipio Africanus, returning to Rome after defeating the brother of Hannibal in Iberia, Hasdrubal, in 206 BC at the Battle of Ilipa in Spain, proposed to the Roman Senate that Rome send him with troops to attack Carthage instead.  With only about 7,000 troops, Scipio landed on Utica in 203 BC, but aided by the Carthaginian defector, the Numibian Massinissa, who once commanded the entire cavalry of the Carthaginian forces in Iberia in the Battle of Ilipa, he routed the combined Carthaginian, Spanish and Numibian army, 30,000 strong, in the Battle of the Great Plains in the same year.  This forced Hannibal to return from Rome to face Scipio and Masinissa (Scipio's secret weapon, who understood the strengths and weaknesses of the Carthaginian cavalry that he himself trained before he defected to Scipio).  Once again, using Hannibal's own tactics and a superior cavalry trained by the creator of the Carthaginian cavalry, himself, Masinissa, Scipio won over Hannibal at the Battle of Zama.  The Carthaginian cavalry was only 4,000 strong, while the Roman cavalry at the Battle of Zama was 6,100 strong, led by Masinissa himself.

THIRD PUNIC WAR (149-146 BC):  Masinissa later on was given the Kingdom of Numibia as reward, and from there, planned to take over Carthage eventually by gradual encroachment under the protection of Rome.  This led to Rome sending Marcus Porcius Cato to Africa in 155 BC to mediate a dispute between Numibia and Carthage.  Cato suspected the ambitions of Masinissa to take over Carthage and thence challenge Rome, as he once betrayed his previous master, Carthage, before.  This led to the decision by Cato, and thence Rome, that Carthage should be destroyed, once and for all times, which was then the . . . THIRD PUNIC WAR (149-146 BC) . . . which is yet to unfold in Asia, hopefully not, but possibly even.

THOSE WHO IGNORE THE LESSONS OF HISTORY ARE DOOMED TO REPEAT IT.  CHINA FORGAVE JAPAN WITHOUT ANY REPARATIONS.  THIS IS UNHEARD OF IN ALL HISTORY.  JAPAN SHOULD COUNT ITS BLESSINGS AND RECIPROCATE BY HONORING ITS PROMISE TO GIVE UP ALL THE ISLANDS AND TERRITORIES IT STOLE FROM CHINA AS STIPULATED IN THE CAIRO DECLARATION, INCORPORATED INTO THE POTSDAM PROCLAMATION, AND EMBEDDED IN ITS INSTRUMENT OF SURRENDER OF 1945.  CHINA IS NOT, AS ITS MILITARISTS PORTRAY, UNFORGIVING, BUT RATHER, IT IS JAPAN THAT IS UNREPENTANT.  IN TWO SINO-JAPANESE WARS, JAPAN HAS GOTTEN AWAY WITH MURDER AND LOOT.  THE THIRD SINO-JAPANESE WAR, HOPEFULLY NEVER, WILL BE ENTIRELY DIFFERENT.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.