Views: 1905|Replies: 14

Would you make friends with HIV carriers? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-5-7 09:50:28 |Display all floors
If you know your friends have affected with HIV, will you continue your friendship?

Of if you know some peope are HIV carriers, would you like to be friends with them?

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-5-7 15:52:21 |Display all floors
This post was edited by sube at 2015-5-7 20:45

It depends on where I am living. If I work and live with friends  and coworkers who are educated and with good attitude, of course I will be a friend of him/her. But if I am surrounded by foolish people in a premature society, I will not make unnessory problems. I will help and support him/her in a secret way, but not in public.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member 2015 Most Popular Member 2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2015-5-7 16:15:45 |Display all floors
You could be friends with someone with HIV and not know it

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2015-5-7 17:16:51 |Display all floors
I would remain friends with someone regardless of the disease they have.

One thing though, HIV does not have "carriers". Anyone who is HIV positive is a carrier. However HIV can only be transmitted via certain body fluids such as semen / vaginal fluid and of course blood. It's never been known to be transmitted by breathing, sweat or handshakes etc.

Before some of the idiots on the forum start up about HIV being a gay disease, it's not.  It nearly wiped out the haemophiliacs in many western countries due to lack of effective blood screening until 1986. It also infected many who had blood transfusions as well as countless women.  In fact a friend of mine's wife contracted HIV by having unprotected sex in New York and after she married my friend it ended up killing their daughter (born with HIV) and my friend.  3/3 in the family died.
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

2014 Most Popular Member

Post time 2015-5-7 20:13:29 |Display all floors
Ratfink Post time: 2015-5-7 17:16
I would remain friends with someone regardless of the disease they have.

One thing though, HIV does ...

How sad!
The journey IS the destination!

Use magic tools Report

Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor June's Best Writer 2012 2016 Most Popular Member

Post time 2015-5-7 21:13:09 |Display all floors
teamkrejados Post time: 2015-5-7 20:13
How sad!

Not as sad as spending time in Africa with HIV/AIDS victims who are shunned by their society and families. The social stigma is horrific in many African nations.  When you consider that in South Africa, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Lesotho, Namibia, Mozambique and other African countries at least 10% of the population is HIV/Aids positive.

The true tragedy is that HIV infection rates are on the rise again as a generation of kids don't realise just how nasty this disease is.
Per Ardua Ad Astra

Use magic tools Report

2018 Most Popular Member 2016 Most Popular Member Glod Medal 2015 Most Popular Member 2012's Best Moderator Medal of honor August's Best Contributor 2012 July's Best Contributor 2012 Gold Medal

Post time 2015-5-7 21:20:22 |Display all floors
I asked my Doctor if you can get HIV from a toilet seat

He said only if you sit down before the other bloke gets up

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.