Author: heroshun

gap between the rich and the poor [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2003-11-3 21:22:02 |Display all floors

about the gap

I come from a poor family, and I think the gap is unavoidable.

But we need an equitable society, not an average one.

A real Equitable society means three parts:
1) equitable starting point;
2) equitable rules;
3) equitable results.

Equitable rules is a basic condition in a good society, it meens a justy procedure, a justy society. Plus a equitable starting point, everyone has his own life, the result is decided by his capability. The society will become more and more equitable.

Now in China, equitable rules is being built up. Free education aren't provided, many children from poor family cann't receive foundational education, so the society is not equal. The gap will grow.

So we need an equitable "play rules" and an equitable startpoint. Step up education is a good idea, inheritance tax is not worse.

And karenb 's opinion is very constructive.

Use magic tools Report

arthur has been deleted
Post time 2003-11-3 22:08:26 |Display all floors

Gap

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-11-4 10:34:14 |Display all floors

re

so the government set up the program of investing the west!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-11-4 13:58:09 |Display all floors

Three pieces of Advice

It is true that gap in wealth is natural if the society is to develop rapidly. But there are some points that we shuold pay attention to.

First,the poor should not be in too tough conditions. Or there will be a possibility of social chaos.So there should be a minimum salary for the workers.There is another point that we can not forget: the conditions of the farmers. Cancel the numerous fees and taxes of the farmers.They are already in very bad conditions,even compared  with the poor workers. They labor more,but gains less.

Second, the poor should get the chance of education.So those who are ambitious and smart enough can move up on the social ladder.Or they might become the unsteady element.To avoid social chaos,the government shuold give the people equal opportunity of being educated.

Last, we should try to earn money from other countries and avoid being in disadvantage when trade with them.

Use magic tools Report

freeman has been deleted
Post time 2003-11-5 18:09:09 |Display all floors

gap

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-11-6 04:00:18 |Display all floors

objection

i don't agree that we shuold have significant tax with the rich.
it's very dangerous as this kind thought seems popurlar in china.
individual property right shuold be protected.
everyone is equal before law!

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-11-6 15:41:29 |Display all floors

objection

Though I belong to the team of poor,I don't agree with Heroshun.It's well known that fair and effective are twin brother in economy.Even the most intellegent economist can't tell us which should te taken into account first,and who is more important than the other.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.