Views: 36406|Replies: 36

gap between the rich and the poor [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2003-10-27 00:00:54 |Display all floors
Yes,china  has  been  developing rapidly  since the reform and open policy  .but there  are some  serious  contradictions   with the development. the rich are richer,and they lead  a  contra  and extravagant life compared  with the poor .and  the gap is  deeper now.
so  government   should  take  their  efficent  measures  to  protect weak colonies  well

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-10-27 12:29:06 |Display all floors

How to mend the problem?

Yes, this is a big problem, and China must develop a solid middle class to which the majority of the population would belong.

How to do this?  Here's some of my suggestions:

1) A significant income tax on the rich -- a higher percentage than what the middle class would pay.  The money from this tax should be invested in programs that would elevate the income status of the rest of the country, such as....

2) Providing free education to all children through the high school level.  Education is the key to better jobs and will close the gap between poor and rich.

3) A minimum wage for all workers in China.

4) Incentives such as low-interest loans for people wishing to set up small businesses.  

Use magic tools Report

tonycar has been deleted
Post time 2003-10-27 14:33:24 |Display all floors

about the gap

Reminder: Author is prohibited or removed, and content is automatically blocked

Use magic tools Report

chai99 has been deleted
Post time 2003-10-27 18:54:24 |Display all floors

About The Gap

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-10-28 11:03:15 |Display all floors

I agree that the gap is natural

The gap is natural, I agree with it.
    If we divided the fortune usdollars 1 million  into 100 persons, the persons have equivalent education and social background, I believe 5 years later, some of them will become very rich, while some will be in middle class, and other may be poor.
   Opertunity is equility, but why always show appriciation for some person? this is a problem we should think about.

Use magic tools Report

bluebee has been deleted
Post time 2003-10-28 11:53:38 |Display all floors

accede

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2003-10-28 12:02:57 |Display all floors

make the gap smaller via our efforts ......

Yes, the gap between the poor and the richer is inevitable, but it is not natural, due to the lopsided economical development.  Generally speaking, we should make the gap smaller.
Also, I don't agree with the above laqisunny's said that "If we divided the fortune usdollars 1 million into 100 persons, the persons have equivalent education and social background, I believe 5 years later, some of them will become very rich, while some will be in middle class, and other may be poor. "
The real situation we should face at present, that there are many poor families in China we should to help them, to let their children to have the equal right to be educated same as the children of richman. It is the point.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.