Views: 6466|Replies: 16

How to transform my role? [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-3-22 23:03:47 |Display all floors
I have been working as a taekwondo coach for more than four years, but now, I wanna transform career from taekwondo coach to english teacher. and I also obtained a number of second interview notices since I have sent some resumes. today, I received a ring from a training school, which  told me that I should make a preparation for the second round and to give a trial lecture in front of leaders tomorrow. to be frankly, I also acted as PE teacher and giving a class in the playground, which have also got a favorable comments either other teachers or my collegue. As for english class, which was not in the outside of classroom, I deeply understand there was a distinct difference between the two types. Is there any english teachers here, give me advisable suggestion...thanks in advance.

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2015-3-22 23:25:53 |Display all floors
Sorry to have to tell you this but judging by this post your English is not good enough to teach, stick to what you are good at

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-22 23:43:23 |Display all floors
do you have any English teaching qualification?
Unqualified teachers of any subject give professional experienced teachers a bad name.
If you don't have any qualifications for teaching English, the schools are just looking for cheap alternatives to someone who has experience as a teacher, and deceiving the parents who will probably be spending a lot of money on their child to be there.
You will be nothing more than a 'baby sitter', not a proper teacher. (but then that is what most training schools are)

So many of the Chinese English teachers I have met are not proficient in even speaking the language properly.
someone saying 'wow, your English is so good, you should teach' should not be the basis for understanding the different parts of English grammar.

by all means pursue your dream, but make sure you have got some sort of professional accredited qualification first.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-23 22:03:49 |Display all floors
futsanglung Post time: 2015-3-22 23:25
Sorry to have to tell you this but judging by this post your English is not good enough to teach, st ...

what a sorrow blow....

Use magic tools Report

2016 Most Popular Member CD top contributor in April 2015 Most Popular Member Medal of honor Medal of honor

Post time 2015-3-24 14:40:27 |Display all floors
Mugy Post time: 2015-3-23 22:03
what a sorrow blow....

everyone has dreams taht can not become reality

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-24 14:41:03 |Display all floors
Mugy Post time: 2015-3-23 22:03
what a sorrow blow....

everyone has dreams that can not become reality

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-24 14:43:33 |Display all floors
BlondeAmber Post time: 2015-3-22 23:43
do you have any English teaching qualification?
Unqualified teachers of any subject give professiona ...

Not only a problem with the teachers but with the teaching marerials often used in China, my youngest has often come home from school with printed matter full of basic mistakes in the English content and when you correct it the teacher is not happy

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.