Author: middleway

Xinhua: If China Had Become 2 Party system [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-3-14 23:02:27 |Display all floors
This post was edited by sfphoto at 2015-3-15 00:48
Revolutionar Post time: 2015-3-14 21:44
In a non democracy, when the government don't follow the constitution, no body can successfully challenge the government.

That's true of autocratic (1-person) but not for meritocratic systems. Universities, Corporations, Sports are examples of meritocratic systems. In a University, professors are not judged by a bunch of students but by a collegiate body of peers based on their research abilities and academic credentials. In a Corporation, CEOs are not elected by employees but are appointed by a Board of Directors based on their professional qualifications and business performance. Athletes are rewarded based on their competitive achievements not their popularity with the public.

That is the single biggest argument in favour of a democracy.

This is the myth of democracy: that the majority is always right. What is popular with the public is not necessarily good. In the American South, the popular will of the Southerners was to secede from the U.S.A. But that led to Lincoln declaring war against the Confederate States which turned into the bloodiest conflict in U.S.A. history.

In a autocracy, there is the danger of 1-person tyranny. But in a democracy, there is the danger of the tyranny of the majority.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-14 23:14:40 |Display all floors
I'm happy to bow down before my masters of the CCCP.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-15 00:21:50 |Display all floors
sfphoto Post time: 2015-3-14 23:02
That's true of autocratic (1-person) but not for meritocratic systems. Universities, Corporations,  ...

Universities, corporations and sports that operate in Western modern environments are best by far.

The environment they operate in determines every thing.

In the Chinese environment, you may have some success for a short period, but not for long, and certainly with plenty of costs, plenty of injustice, unfairness, corruption,

The environment determines every thing.......and there is no environment better than an open, transparent, environment

China catch a lot of attention the last 30 years.....but this is only a short 30 years plucking the low hanging fruits from such a devastated country........30 years is nothing, it is too short to form conclusions.....
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-15 00:22:18 |Display all floors
Universities, corporations and sports that operate in Western modern environments are best by far.

The environment they operate in determines every thing.

In the Chinese environment, you may have some success for a short period, but not for long, and certainly with plenty of costs, plenty of injustice, unfairness, corruption,

The environment determines every thing.......and there is no environment better than an open, transparent, environment

C catch a lot of attention the last 30 years.....but this is only a short 30 years plucking the low hanging fruits from such a devastated country........30 years is nothing, it is too short to form conclusions.....
I've made my living, Mr. Thompson, in large part as a gambler. Some days I make twenty bets, some days I make none. There are weeks, sometimes months, in fact, when I don't make any bet at all because ...

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-15 00:48:18 |Display all floors
sfphoto Post time: 2015-3-14 23:02
That's true of autocratic (1-person) but not for meritocratic systems. Universities, Corporations,  ...

Just as recently as a few years ago, there is plenty of talk about political reforms. Hu and Wen are interested in political reforms.

But today, there is no talk of any political reforms.

They think they have proven the case that C do not need political reforms.

To me....this is a clear indication that c has reached its current peak and is downhill from here.

C has gone arrogant, .....a slightly better economy they already growth arrogant while c is still so far behind in human rights .

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-15 01:00:09 |Display all floors
Revolutionar Post time: 2015-3-15 00:21
Universities, corporations and sports that operate in Western modern environments are best by far. ...

That was my point: Western universities, corporations and sports operate as MERITOCRACIES which is why they work! If students were to elect amongst themselves who should teach them, that would be a DEMOCRACY. If employees were to elect amongst themselves who should manage them, that would be DEMOCRACY. If athletes were to elect amongst themselves who should compete, that would be DEMOCRACY. And none of those universities, corporations and sports would ever work because they're run as DEMOCRAZIES (which is an apt description of the political system of the Capital West).

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-15 01:17:34 |Display all floors
sfphoto Post time: 2015-3-15 01:00
That was my point: Western universities, corporations and sports operate as MERITOCRACIES which is ...

Don't talk like a CCP pep put.......

The only meritocracy in China is who knows who.

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.