Author: dragon8

Gaddafi’s True Crime   [Copy link] 中文

Post time 2015-3-10 11:24:05 |Display all floors
Newtown Post time: 2015-3-10 09:19
Probably on Thursday.

The world needs more idiots like me, all the others think they are clever.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-10 14:22:04 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2015-3-10 10:46
think about it, Gaddafi was brutally killed, much like the allegations of how Jews were killed, pro ...

"You seem to gloat over his death."

And exactly where is that apparent ? As well, what "seems" to be can be very, very different from what
actually "is", the latter about which you can come nowhere near to knowing.

It is my understanding that Muammar Gaddafi was killed in 2011 as he attempted to hide from those multitudes of enemies who were his own countrymen. Further, that the uprising in Lybia was part of the "Arab spring" which saw several other tyrannical African / Arab rulers overthrown.

His fellow Lybians were bent on revenging themselves for the horrors, pain and suffering of Colonel Gaddafi's autocratic regime of more than forty years. "Live by the sword, die by the sword". If you believe he died a Muslim matyr, perhaps you'd care to point out the monuments and the pages of history which honour and revere his name.

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-10 14:23:05 |Display all floors
TheHermit Post time: 2015-3-10 11:24

cf "Gaddaffi will one day be acknowledged as an African hero."

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-10 14:39:43 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2015-3-10 10:59
Gaddafi's killing is more analogous to the alleged brutal killing of Jews, people coming to where  ...

"It is quite a different way to how someone goes voluntarily and willingly to kill and be killed as these youngsters are doing."

You said that Gaddafi was a "matyr", the ISIS recruits and suicide bombers are also happy to be matyrs to their Islamic faith.

"I see that you gloat over Gaddafi's death, yet seem very squeamish to look at the similarity between that and that of some Jews."

As I have indicated, that is clearly not the case and I challenge you to give evidence to the contrary. You are the one who keeps on insisting the similarity between Gaddafi's death "and that of some Jews", the latter phrase being almost meaningless: when, where, which Jews ( Jesus ? ), why "some" and not others ?

"You seem eager to distance yourself from that"

Again, you are the one constructing a strawman to beat up because I can't "distance" myself from something which I've not even begun to discuss at any stage i.e. the presumption of a "similarity"
with "some Jews".

"and make up an inappropriate analogy and linkage of these violent youngsters"
As pointed out above and in my previous post, if you label Muammar Gaddafi a "matyr" then you are
inviting comparisons, linkages and analogies to the current terrorist actvities of Islamic State ( ISIS )
and its recruits from around the world who may also be seeking matyrdom for their cause.

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2015-3-10 16:21:53 |Display all floors
Newtown Post time: 2015-3-10 16:39
"It is quite a different way to how someone goes voluntarily and willingly to kill and be killed a ...

Well, Gaddafi was killed in a manner just worse than it is alleged that many Jews were killed. Deal with it!
One can see your humanity or your racial bias in how you responded.
Thanks for making it clear to everyone! It was not unexpected.
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

2015 Most Popular Member Happiest Member

Post time 2015-3-10 16:36:07 |Display all floors
Newtown Post time: 2015-3-10 16:39
"It is quite a different way to how someone goes voluntarily and willingly to kill and be killed a ...

Your hypocrisy and weasel wording is here for all to see here. It will make many, who are just like YOU and of a different race with legitimate grudges against Western policies, lose human sympathy for the memories of Jewish human who suffered. By even getting to the point where you are inviting comparisons, you have lost the plot!

You (and your image Seneca ), have effectively drained a lot of the goodwill and normal natural sympathy that people feel towards Jews who suffered in WW II, on this forum by your blatant hypocrisy and gloating over some Gaddafi's cruel political assassination and heartless comments about the innocent Palestinian or Muslim or Hindu or African victims in many countries. You seem to not be able to bring yourself to respond to his killing with the same empathy you have for other human beings despite glaring facts.
My friend the Black Swan

Use magic tools Report

Post time 2015-3-10 16:46:37 |Display all floors
KIyer Post time: 2015-3-10 16:21
Well, Gaddafi was killed in a manner just worse than it is alleged that many Jews were killed. Dea ...

"Gaddafi was killed in a manner just worse than it is alleged that many Jews were killed."

Fair play to him, I say. But how on earth is anyone meant to make any sense of the context in which
you place his death: first, it's an "allegation" which in itself betrays nothing of any proven truth. Second,
my questions from previously bear repeating: instead of "some Jews" now you write about "many Jews",
but still avoid details such as when, where, and who these Jews were. And what was the possible "manner"
were these Jews killed ?

And what in god's green acre does the phrase "a manner just worse than" actually mean ? Any takers ?

Use magic tools Report

You can't reply post until you log in Log in | register

BACK TO THE TOP
Contact us:Tel: (86)010-84883548, Email: blog@chinadaily.com.cn
Blog announcement:| We reserve the right, and you authorize us, to use content, including words, photos and videos, which you provide to our blog
platform, for non-profit purposes on China Daily media, comprising newspaper, website, iPad and other social media accounts.